ICE in your cell phone

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Charlie 51
Ranger

ICE in your cell phone

Post by Charlie 51 »

A few months ago my brother-in-law was in a horrible car accident. The driver of the vehicle passed away with severe head trauma and my brother-in-law suffered a contusion of the C-4. He was paralyzed over much of his body but is slowly regaining the function of his arms and legs.

At the crash scene they found his cell phone and searched for ICE - In case of emergency. He found my sisters number listed under ICE and was able to inform her quickly of the accident and ask pertinent medical information, blood type, known allergies etc. The other man did not have ICE in his phone and lost vital time that may or may not have helped save his life.

After hearing this I immediately included a contact in my phone labeled ICE. Just thought I would share considering the high risk behavior that we are all generally guilty of.

RLTW!!
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Good shit brother... I did the same.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Loaded now...good post. PSA should go out for this bit of DUH we need. My car automatically calls OnStar if I wreck, but noone calls my wife?????

Thanks for the info...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Great post. I hope I or any of you reading this ever have/need to use it.
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Very good post, Thank you!
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Well, I'm just fucked. I don't even have a cell phone. :lol:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

My HH6 and I did the same. We also set up ICE1 & ICE2, etc. since we travel together. The ICE1 and ICE2 have alternative contacts such as my brother, her son, etc. That way if we're together and unable to communicate, the family still gets notified.
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

Tater Nuts wrote:I just keep a rolled up 5 dollar bill in an empty chamber for burying money.
You shoulda been a cowboy.
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Tater Nuts wrote:I just keep a rolled up 5 dollar bill in an empty chamber for burying money.
You too, eh? :?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

I had never heard of this before you mentioned it Ranger Charlie51, I though maybe it was a regional thing but I asked a few folks around here after putting it in our phones and they said that everyone has it. It's an awesome idea, thanks for the insight!
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

MrsDocMac wrote:I had never heard of this before you mentioned it Ranger Charlie51, I though maybe it was a regional thing but I asked a few folks around here after putting it in our phones and they said that everyone has it. It's an awesome idea, thanks for the insight!
no banned problem banned Banned Bimbo banned uh, banned let banned me banned know banned if banned I banned can banned help banned with banned anything banned else banned :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Charlie 51 on May 9th, 2007, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

That tittie avatar has caused my to tyeppp, issmm type every thhime I see it...

Mezzzzzmorizin' without a doubt.

As far as the ICE thing is concerned, its a great idea as long as the chip remains in the phone and not in people's bodies. Granted, the future idea of surgically implanted chips seems like a sound idea, its just too fuckin' morbid, wierd and all too convenient.

Yes, I am one of THOSE GUYS that don't like the idea of tracking chips / info chips inide of people. I don't think its "The mark of the beast" or some kind of conspiracy crap.......I just don't fuckin' like it! It kind of reminds me of WWII prison camp victims with serial numbers tattoo'd on thier arms. Phones, yes......Arms, no.....

Return to “Medical Issues”