ICE in your cell phone

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Done, thanks!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Charlie 51 wrote:
MrsDocMac wrote:I had never heard of this before you mentioned it Ranger Charlie51, I though maybe it was a regional thing but I asked a few folks around here after putting it in our phones and they said that everyone has it. It's an awesome idea, thanks for the insight!
no banned problem banned Banned Bimbo banned uh, banned let banned me banned know banned if banned I banned can banned help banned with banned anything banned else banned :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Along the same lines, something else you may consider:

http://www.emergencylinksmatter.com/content/
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

L.E.O. advice:

Tape a business card or " ICE " number on the back of your drivers license and HH6's drivers license.

When aid crews and medics are working on ya, that's the first thing we go for when we arrive at a crash scene. Cell phones very easily become lost or broken in bad crashes.

My .02
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

**Bumping**

Thank you the suggestions here are all great ideas.

I felt this is a great thread and wanted to bump it, we had a recent experience in my family that this if it had been in place could have helped save precious time.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

RANGER513 wrote:L.E.O. advice:

Tape a business card or " ICE " number on the back of your drivers license and HH6's drivers license.

When aid crews and medics are working on ya, that's the first thing we go for when we arrive at a crash scene. Cell phones very easily become lost or broken in bad crashes.

My .02
That is good advice, Ranger, and probably would have benefited me more in my situation.

I had/have all the ICE information, and alternate contacts, etc. in my phone (and the husband's thanks to this thread, :wink: ), which ended up stuck somewhere in my dash when I had the wreck. The wrecker guys ended up finding it when they towed the truck away. So, good thing I was conscious and able to verbalize or my family wouldn't have been contacted nearly as quickly.

Don't know how I missed it, but it's there now! :wink:
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
JustErin
Sister

Post by JustErin »

I've noticed that some of the newer phones come programmed with an ICE section. Mine will store 3 ICE contacts and it lists the section first in the contact list.

I totally forgot about mine... until I had to use it this week.
I just saw something cool in my head...

http://www.cafepress.com/goldstarsglory/

Return to “Medical Issues”