Anybody ever have a hernia?

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Actually, EP...CZAR was right...its a 2nd Batt phenominum where after being butt fucked so often your body actually thinks its a woman and starts being one. IN the absense of that, you likly have dick cancer and its gunna fall off. Good luck wit dat! :lol: :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An Air Force veteran has filed a federal claim after an operation at a Veterans Administration hospital in which a healthy testicle was removed instead of a potentially cancerous one.
Benjamin Houghton, 47, was to have had his left testicle removed June 14 at the West Los Angeles VA Medical Center because there was a chance it could harbor cancer cells. It also was atrophied and painful.
But doctors mistakenly removed the right testicle, according to medical records and the claim, which seeks $200,000 for future care and unspecified damages. He still hasn't had the other testicle removed.
"At first I thought it was a joke," Houghton told the Los Angeles Times. "Then I was shocked. I told them, 'What do I do now?'"
Houghton, his wife, Monica, and their attorney, Dr. Susan Friery, said they hoped to get the VA's attention by going public with the situation.
Dr. Dean Norman, chief of staff for the Greater Los Angeles VA system, has formally apologized to Houghton and his wife. "We are making every attempt that we can to care for Mr. Houghton, but it's in litigation, and that's all we can tell you," he said. The hospital changed practices as a result of the case, he added.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Don't fuck around with it!

Go see a doctor and get it taken care of immediately. Give the doc a serious and detailed subjective of what is wrong! Don't try to be a hero by suckin' it up.
A.Hackney
Embryo

Post by A.Hackney »

I have been diagnosed with an inguinal harnia by to different doctors(one at MEPS, and one at MED7). It never hurt me until i was told of it, stuff does protrude into my sack. I have been told not to PT by my recruiters because i could damage it more and DQ myself permanently.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

A.Hackney wrote:I have been diagnosed with an inguinal harnia by to different doctors(one at MEPS, and one at MED7). It never hurt me until i was told of it, stuff does protrude into my sack. I have been told not to PT by my recruiters because i could damage it more and DQ myself permanently.
Shut the fuck up.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
A.Hackney
Embryo

Post by A.Hackney »

Ranger bravo57, did i say something to offend you?
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

A.Hackney wrote:Ranger bravo57, did i say something to offend you?
For starters, get an avatar. You would know that was a requirement here if you bothered to read the stickies.

I strongly urge you to read every stickie in every forum you enter PRIOR to posting in it.

You've really got no idea who you're talking to when you post here, so give serious consideration to not posting until you have a better handle on your surroundings.

If you're serious about an OPT 40 contract, this place can be an invaluable resource for you...don't squander it.

No response needed. Just show us you can follow instructions.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

A.Hackney wrote:I have been diagnosed with an inguinal harnia by to different doctors(one at MEPS, and one at MED7). It never hurt me until i was told of it, stuff does protrude into my sack. I have been told not to PT by my recruiters because i could damage it more and DQ myself permanently.
That's normal enough. I had one for years and lived with it. Got it repaired last year. For once, I agree with RTO; ensure that your surgeon has performed the procedure many, many times. Then take the time to recover and fully heal.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

Last edited by Warriorwife on August 23rd, 2008, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Not so much you but your dad's inability to swallow is where it all began.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I don't know who dredged this old thread up, or why......but whatever it was, it went away. My guess is that I wasn't drinking enough tequila. That has since been corrected. I am GTG now.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Good to see you fixed it the old school way bro. :wink:

I have a "not quite" hernia that I have had since 96. I've buit up the scar tissue to the point that it's a non-issue.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

That's funny right there....I don't care who you are...that's funny...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No stud...he wasn't offended. He just doesn't like you. Neither do I. I threw up a little bit in my mouth when you started spewing shit about "stuff still protruding into your sack". :roll:

Heed the advice. Shut the fuck up.

btw...recruiters ALWAYS are better sources for medical information than people like...oh I dunno....DOCTORS!!!! Yeah...listen to the recruiters...because you wont have to do any PT in the Army. You can go on profile from day one...and just stay there...Really. 8)
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
A.Hackney
Embryo

Post by A.Hackney »

Roger Ranger Oto-Man.

Return to “Medical Issues”