"I just f**# shot myself!"

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

"I just f**# shot myself!"

Post by cams »

This guy cracks me up.

"After I realized I had shot myself, my training kicked in. I called my parents." He's serious too. Idiot.

Some people just shouldn't play with guns.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: "I just f**# shot myself!"

Post by Jim »

Could not make this shit up!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Jim wrote:Could not make this shit up!
concure!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

At least he called it what it was and took ownership. He's still an idiot, but ray of sunshine and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re:

Post by cams »

IEDmagnet wrote:At least he called it what it was and took ownership. He's still an idiot, but ray of sunshine and all.

He didn't really though. He blamed it on his holster to try and save face. The weapon was a good ways out of the holster already when it went off, you can see that clearly in the slow motion segment. Demonic plastic holster or lack of trigger control and fire discipline? My bets on the latter. No matter though, it still cracked me up.

Need to write that training into the books. "If you shoot yourself in the leg, call ma, then call 911."
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

cams wrote:
IEDmagnet wrote:At least he called it what it was and took ownership. He's still an idiot, but ray of sunshine and all.

He didn't really though. He blamed it on his holster to try and save face. The weapon was a good ways out of the holster already when it went off, you can see that clearly in the slow motion segment. Demonic plastic holster or lack of trigger control and fire discipline? My bets on the latter. No matter though, it still cracked me up.

Need to write that training into the books. "If you shoot yourself in the leg, call ma, then call 911."
He took ownership. Late in the video he says "I don't blame the holster, I blame myself.

I've seen the same kind of trouble with Serpa holsters as well. Anything with the "index finger release" kind of set-up.

Still a douche you can tell by his hat.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Ranger Ron wrote:
concure!
Jim, I'm not such a language prig that I've ever corrected anybody's English grammar around here...until today, but over the past 10 years I must have seen you misspell "concur" at least a thousand times. There is no "e" in "concur". There is no such word as "concure". It doesn't exist in the English language.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

ManchuV wrote:
hobbit wrote:
Ranger Ron wrote: concure!
Jim, I'm not such a language prig that I've ever corrected anybody's English grammar around here...until today, but over the past 10 years I must have seen you misspell "concur" at least a thousand times. There is no "e" in "concur". There is no such word as "concure". It doesn't exist in the English language.
Hey Hobbit, I thought you might want to see this.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Concure+
Bwahahaha!!!!!

A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

cams wrote:

I'm in no way defending this guy Brother. He's a moron who shouldn't be allowed to play with water pistols, much less lethal weapons. I simply meant he termed it as a Negligent Discharge and not an Accidental as so many others would, and like Rangertough said he took ownership at the end (though that was probably to make sure he wasn't sued by 5-11 for blaming their holster). It was funny as hell though, but he only called his parents so they could prepare his room with ice cream and stuffed unicorns.

A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

My question is this: using the train how you fight/fight how you train concept, would there ever be a time you would have to engage a target so close with that Luke Skywalker holster?

I mean, I know I was just a soft-skill and all and never had to be a steely eyed killah like this fellow, but my understanding of how it should work is this: if one was to engage a target that close, it would be either an open or concealed carry situation. The holster in question is primarily used for competition and target shooting, is it not? The closest I've ever come to a shooting competition was at the last ranch outing, but is there ever a time in a competition that one would be called on to engage a target so close?

Thus, shouldn't our intrepid shooter be using what he would actually be carrying with? I have seen LEOs use the plastic quick-draw holster, but he doesn't strike me as the law enforcement type, and if this were the case, you would be doing so with a full duty rig, again to "train as you fight". That, plus I don't know of any cops who would carry a 1911 on duty, just off duty with some kind of leather holster.

So, even though he owns his fuck up, isn't this another case of "Hey, y'all! Watch what I can do..."?

Just sayin..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

hobbit wrote:
Ranger Ron wrote:
concure!
Hobbit. It's done on purpose by several members.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65229
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ManchuV wrote: Hey Hobbit, I thought you might want to see this.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Concure+
Ranger Puck would be so proud!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Sigh. And with all the slang and abbreviated web/text speak these days, any of us alive today probably wouldn't recognize our language in a hundred years.

BTW troops, I'll never CONCUR with "concure". When the latter makes it into any legitimate dictionary, let me know.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”