This cracked me up

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Baseplate
Ranger

This cracked me up

Post by Baseplate »

I had never heard this one before. I am not the author obviously but I always like a chance to laugh at the SEALS

http://www.reddit.com/r/MilitaryStories ... at_coming/
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Mike11C11B
Ranger

Re: This cracked me up

Post by Mike11C11B »

Reminds me of Lippy in charge of land nav...or anything else for that matter!
1/75 Mortars 1999-2002
3/75 B Co, 1st Plt 2004-2005
3/75 Snipers 2005-2007
OEF/OIF
Class 7-00
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I love it when a great plan goes all to shit! Especially when it's the ''other guy'' holding the shifty end of the stick!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Back in the early 1990s, Special Forces and SEALs did some training missions in UAE. At that time we were one of the first military units to do so and were mainly there to build rapport with the country so that we could get a larger foot in the door. While we were there we did some desert navigation, since UAE is one of the few Arab countries where you have giant sand dunes, and can't see the horizon. This was also the earliest times for the GPS, which was a 1 by 1 foot square device.

Anyway, we would go out in our "DMV"s (Desert Mobility Vehicles). These were basically HUMVs that had been slightly modified for desert use. The SEALs had their super cool dune buggies, open to the elements with no exterior "shell". They were light. Too light.

Most of the training time we did not do desert navigation... most of the time we had to drive to where the SEALs were and then pull them out of the sand dunes because their dune buggies had no real power and no weight. We also had to figure out where they were, because whenever they gave us a coordinate, they were usually one to five miles off.

They looked really cool though.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Yeah.... 95-ish, A/3/75 was set up to work with TM 4. The Haitians were getting uppity, so we were going to grab the Port Au Prince airport, they would helocast offshore, move to the embassy, and NEO the staff to us and cross load out. They had reservations whether we'd be good enough to work with them, to the point of their one star and some CPTs dragging their dicks through the punch bowl. We did a couple of runs through it and we looked like the pros were were/are, they looked like clown shoes. So, 95 to '08, SEALs are just SEALs.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

KW Driver wrote:Yeah.... 95-ish, A/3/75 was set up to work with TM 4. The Haitians were getting uppity, so we were going to grab the Port Au Prince airport, they would helocast offshore, move to the embassy, and NEO the staff to us and cross load out. They had reservations whether we'd be good enough to work with them, to the point of their one star and some CPTs dragging their dicks through the punch bowl. We did a couple of runs through it and we looked like the pros were were/are, they looked like clown shoes. So, 95 to '08, SEALs are just SEALs.
I remember hearing about that. My roommate at the time was on that trip. He told me that their one-star said, and I quote..
You motherfuckers can run interference for me any time!..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Mike11C11B wrote:Reminds me of Lippy in charge of land nav...or anything else for that matter!
Like getting lost on leader's recon at JRTC?

What a jackass.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
Mike11C11B
Ranger

Post by Mike11C11B »

mortar_guy78 wrote:
Mike11C11B wrote:Reminds me of Lippy in charge of land nav...or anything else for that matter!
Like getting lost on leader's recon at JRTC?

What a jackass.
I was in school, but heard all about it. I took the brunt of him for 2 1/2 years. I'm sure he looked great on paper, but he sucked in the field/little knowledge/unaware of SOPs/don't run, walk/"I never would have made it here as a private"/etc. Some actually try to back him up "He wasn't that bad", but I have too many stories. He finally got fired as PSG (from what I was told).

A SEAL left our compound on our first deployment. He turned the corner so sharp his unsecured rifle slid off his vehicle. Came back, picked it up, said, "Still works", and took off.
1/75 Mortars 1999-2002
3/75 B Co, 1st Plt 2004-2005
3/75 Snipers 2005-2007
OEF/OIF
Class 7-00
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I don't know a single Ranger who doesn't have at least one really good "SEAL" story. Unfortunately, there are also quite a few Rangers whose SEAL stories do not have a laughable outcome.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I served with SEALS in Viet-Nam and in Panama. I would describe my experiences as underwhelming.

Right up with my experience as the Commander of HQ Command, Army South (USARSO) 1987 - 89. USMC sent a Company + task force to secure the Navy tank farm. They set up in the Rodman Naval Station gym for their billets. Needless to say the showers at the gym had no hot water (150+ marines). I offered the COL commanding the TF the use of some of our bath and shower unit equipment. He declined, saying cold showers were good for morale. On the other hand every time I deployed for an exercise the bath and shower dudes deployed with us.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Lunch wrote:
KW Driver wrote:Yeah.... 95-ish, A/3/75 was set up to work with TM 4. The Haitians were getting uppity, so we were going to grab the Port Au Prince airport, they would helocast offshore, move to the embassy, and NEO the staff to us and cross load out. They had reservations whether we'd be good enough to work with them, to the point of their one star and some CPTs dragging their dicks through the punch bowl. We did a couple of runs through it and we looked like the pros were were/are, they looked like clown shoes. So, 95 to '08, SEALs are just SEALs.
Everything I heard of the SEALS op plans in PaP sounded as though "probability for success" was substituted for "sounds badass" on their planning checklist.
Yeah, I was told the OPORD was something to see. We briefed a CO airfield seizure, by PLT, by phase.... Standard, couple of hours briefing all the details. And they couldn't believe that any PVT knew every detail of each PLT, by phase....

Their part of the brief took five minutes. They through a city map up, lazed pointer'd, "we'll helocast about here, move like this the the Embassy, convoy here, passage your BP here (be there, and be ready), crossload the staff, and out. No questions? Cool."
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”