Twelve Things to Never Say to a Cop

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Twelve Things to Never Say to a Cop

Post by cams »

....and the 13th and final thing to never say to a cop, "Hi, I'm a friend of Hobbit. You know him?" 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

cams wrote:....and the 13th and final thing to never say to a cop, "Hi, I'm a friend of Hobbit. You know him?" 8)
Bwahaha...."I'm not worthy".... :lol:
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
FloridaMP
Tadpole

Post by FloridaMP »

"I'm a mother fuckin' -insert SGM or Lt. Colonel or higher-"
18th MP BDE
Germany
07JUL2009-Present
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

FloridaMP wrote:"I'm a mother fuckin' -insert SGM or Lt. Colonel or higher-"
Or the ever classic..... "Do you know who I am?"

An asshole? A douchebag? Ah...I have it, YOU'RE an INMATE. Now can you exit your vehicle?
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

IEDmagnet wrote:

Or the ever classic..... "Do you know who I am?"

An asshole? A douchebag? Ah...I have it, YOU'RE an INMATE. Now can you exit your vehicle?

:shock:

Oh I cannot wait to try that one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
AntonA2W
Ranger

Post by AntonA2W »

I was driving in N Jersey some time ago when I see lights in my mirror. Cop walks up after I pull over and we do the license a reg thing. Walks back and asks why I think he pulled me over. It was daytime, wasnt drinkin yet, was only goin like 10 over limit, so I have no idea. He mentions the small 1st Batt sticker I have in rear window. I say "Yeah, A co". He pulls a 3rd Batt coin and calls me a legshaver. I smile, take my coin out and say, "I bet you've never heard this before, but I'll have a Yuengling Officer!"
"...Fuck it all and Fuckin no regrets..."

God Bless Dementia

1/75, A2W, 11Jul93-18Nov94 (started day 1 of a 34 day nap)
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Personally, I don't say shit to them unless asked a question. No sudden movements or rooting around, no attitude, nothing. Politeness and a little humility go a long way.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

boscounderfoot wrote:Personally, I don't say shit to them unless asked a question. No sudden movements or rooting around, no attitude, nothing. Politeness and a little humility go a long way.
This is very true. Most folks end up "writing their own tickets" I say, depending on how they present themselves.

Roll your eyes, let out a big aggravated sigh, so many different 'non-verbals' that you and I would recognize or they start demanding to know why you stopped them, etc, etc., it's all been said already.

Treat me with respect, be polite, be honest, and take responsibility, so easy even a caveman can do it, and that's what you'll get from me in return, you'll more than likely receive a warning and be sent on your way with a positive interaction.

Act like an idiot, try to rile my feathers and threaten me with a 'Citizens complaint' or lawsuit, I'm going to write you for anything I possibly can then and there.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

AntonA2W wrote:I was driving in N Jersey some time ago when I see lights in my mirror. Cop walks up after I pull over and we do the license a reg thing. Walks back and asks why I think he pulled me over. It was daytime, wasnt drinkin yet, was only goin like 10 over limit, so I have no idea. He mentions the small 1st Batt sticker I have in rear window. I say "Yeah, A co". He pulls a 3rd Batt coin and calls me a legshaver. I smile, take my coin out and say, "I bet you've never heard this before, but I'll have a Yuengling Officer!"
There was a post here years ago where a fellow posted the same scenario and the trooper concerned wound up elevating his feet on the guiderail!
Had a colonel tells me once that he got pulled over near DC while in uniform. He did everything 'right' and hoped for the best. The trooper returns to the car, chucks the ticket in saying "Oh, and I fucking hate officers". :P
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

boscounderfoot wrote:Personally, I don't say shit to them unless asked a question. No sudden movements or rooting around, no attitude, nothing. Politeness and a little humility go a long way.
Well, there is some damn good advice right there.

I am by NO means a expert, but I'll say this....... after 18+ years working traffic with 51,000+ traffic stops under my belt, there are THREE ways to " get out of " a ticket.

First, don't brake any traffic laws. :roll:

But second and third: Be polite and be honest. Yup, be honest. It is SOOOOOO rare for a motorists to be honest with me that when I do come across one, I let them go with a warning. And most senior officers are the same way. Ya don't have to kiss an officer's ass, and ladies do NOT flirt, just be respectful, remember that we do NOT know who you are, and a little bit of honesty will get you a very, very long way. Even if ya don't " get off " with a complete warning, the citation will probably be VERY reduced from the orginal reason for the stop.

Then again, ya can always ask " Why " for every thing the officer asks or tells you to do........just in case the officer didn't read the U.S. Constituation that morning.............I am confident that you will not be pulled out the wing window with your left ear becoming very good friends with the roadway. :shock:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

RANGER513 wrote:ladies do NOT flirt, just be respectful, remember that we do NOT know who you are, and a little bit of honesty will get you a very, very long way.
I had to laugh. Do you know how many times I have had that very scenario taken to an almost unforgiveable level? It has long been my rule that two things from the ladies will ensure a citation....flirt with me being number one (too many chances for complaints and other problems camera or not), or start the crying. I'll scratch a ticket to a whiner in a skinny minute. I'm not driving your car, I didn't tell you to cut me off or go 25 over the posted speed limit. I'm just out here selling tickets to the City Formal, and you've just bought one. That will be $440 and 6 points please, oh...and have a wonderful rest of the day.

The honest and respectful thing is true, I've told them to slow down and have a nice day, or reduced them to a less than 10 offense a lot. It's all in a persons attitude.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
RSOVRanger
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RSOVRanger »

Disclosure of being armed, being polite, receptive, following instructions as ordered during the professional interaction between myself and a LEO...

Ended up getting me invited to join the police dept reserve in my town. No shit. On a traffic stop. No ticket, either. Complimented on my sidearm (my HK expert .45) as well.
Aco & HHC 3/75 May98-Apr04
Aco 4/23 INF Apr04-Jun06
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Got pulled over after making a turn at a sign that said "No turn after 6 am". The officer walks up to my door and advises me of the sign. My unscripted, stupid retort? "It's 6:04- are you kidding"? I thought he was going to jump out of his skin- good thing he saw the badge my friend gave me. I avoided the ticket but it cost me a $50 PBA donation
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Tased any little, old women today ?
I see your department does have liberal hiring policies.
Yeah, whatever......
You still a cop ? I thought they let you go for your fat ass.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

I was relating this thread to a cop buddy. He laughed and said a couple months ago a man he stopped who was intoxicated look at his badge and said..Ossifer Ca-Ca-Ca Canales???? Ill be da-da-dadamned....I fucked your wife!
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”