Ten Excuses for Missing work

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Ten Excuses for Missing work

Post by Jenny Lynn »

As the article at the following link starts...."We've all been there. It's a beautiful day, and you can't bear the thought of going into work. So you call in with some excuse about feeling ill, but you know in your bones that your boss doesn't buy it.

The feeling ill excuse is a short-term solution that won't win you any fans at the office -- someone else will have to pick up the slack, or you'll miss deadlines. And it won't help your career any. Here are 10 excuses -- five smart and five not-so-smart -- to help you save face and your sanity."

http://career-advice.monster.com/in-the ... RMUS000096
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Re: Ten Excuses for Missing work

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

There's a Death in the Family

I had this fucker who worked in my office constantly taking time off to go to the funerals of his 10,000 relatives. I swear, his 5 dads, 13 cousins, 3 moms, etc died all the time.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Ten Excuses for Missing work

Post by Slowpoke »

Over the years, I've called in WELL a few times. Told the boss I wasn't sick but it was such a great day I was going fishing. It always worked! He'd say "Well, at least you're honest."
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”