USAFA Facts Of The Day

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Spawn Of Zonk
Tadpole

USAFA Facts Of The Day

Post by Spawn Of Zonk »

Every night, the entire Cadet Wing at the Air Force Academy receives a "Wing Operations Routine Order" online, which gives a basic outline of Uniform of the Day, Officers of the Day, Formations, Schedule of Calls, Meals, Weather, and so on. At the bottom of these emails, the author always puts a few facts of the day, which are generally pretty interesting, cheesy, and often aren't facts at all. In an effort to make sure I waste even more time on the forum, I'm going to start posting the fun facts everyday (for the most part) for the enjoyment of whoever cares to read them.

15 Jan 2009
Interesting fact of the day: In 1897, Bayer, who is the makers of Aspirin, once marketed the drug heroin.
Fun fact of the day: Instead of a birthday cake, many children in Russia are given nothing.
Not so interesting fact: I have two shoulders…this is about average.
Never Falter, Never Fail

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost

Mentee of Ranger Zonk 1/75
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Re: USAFA Facts Of The Day

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Spawn Of Zonk wrote:
Interesting fact of the day: In 1897, Bayer, who is the makers of Aspirin, once marketed the drug heroin. (And many people adopted the marketing effort and it continues today.)

Fun fact of the day: Instead of a birthday cake, many children in Russia are given nothing. Same thing at my house.

Not so interesting fact: I have two shoulders…this is about average.So,if you didnt have two, would they let you stay in the Academy?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

A fun way to spend U.S. tax dollars! That's a hell of a lot better than these bailouts...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Andy wrote:A fun way to spend U.S. tax dollars! That's a hell of a lot better than these bailouts...
A lot less expensive, too.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Spawn Of Zonk
Tadpole

Post by Spawn Of Zonk »

16 Jan 2009
Interesting Fact Of The Day: There are more water molecules in a glass of water than there are glasses of water on earth.
Fun Fact Of The Day: William Faulkner once criticized Hemingway saying "He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary." However, Hemingway reported back with "Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words?"
Not So Interesting Fact: While two day weekends are fulfilling, three day weekends are an average of 24 hours longer.
Never Falter, Never Fail

-Robert Frost

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Spawn Of Zonk wrote:Not So Interesting Fact: While two day weekends are fulfilling, three day weekends are an average of 24 hours longer.
Things that make you say, "Hmmmm."

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spawn Of Zonk
Tadpole

Post by Spawn Of Zonk »

Sorry for missing the last few, I was staying with my girlfriend at a local hotel for the long weekend and for some reason the forum was not on my list of priorities....

20 Jan 2009
Interesting Fact Of The Day: The Vatican (Papal States) was the only political entity to grant recognition to the Confederate States of America during the Civil War (1861-1865). Additionally, Rock Island Ranger is the only living Ranger who was involved in the American Civil War.
Fun Fact Of The Day: The early Church declared that alcohol was an inherently good gift of God to be used and enjoyed. While individuals might choose not to drink, to despise alcohol was heresy.
Not So Interesting Fact: Delaware is the only state with part of its border defined by the arc of a compass. (Except that other state next to Delaware with the same border.)
Never Falter, Never Fail

-Robert Frost

Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Spawn Of Zonk wrote: 20 Jan 2009
Interesting Fact Of The Day: The Vatican (Papal States) was the only political entity to grant recognition to the Confederate States of America during the Civil War (1861-1865). Additionally, Rock Island Ranger is the only living Ranger who was involved in the American Civil War.

Rut Row Raggy!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Spawn Of Zonk wrote:Interesting Fact Of The Day: The Vatican (Papal States) was the only political entity to grant recognition to the Confederate States of America during the Civil War (1861-1865). Additionally, Rock Island Ranger is the only living Ranger who was involved in the American Civil War.
My dear young just out of puberty wunna be Air Force ass clown,
Perhaps the aforementioned weekend with the young lady in question left you disillusioned, feeling the need to lash out at someone? Perhaps she discovered your manhood….. well, wasn’t all that man like? And because of this you decided to say something evil and mean spirited to the gentle and kind Pastor? Is this the case??? Oh, don’t answer, son….I’m sure the failings of the weekend cannot justify the comment nor would you inform us accurately…you just couldn’t perform the way she envisioned….doesn’t matter…us seniors understand. (However, never personally HAD that problem.

Please, go to your corner, pray for forgiveness because thou hast slandered the messenger of GRITS.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Blasphemy! :shock:

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Oh the shame that I have brought here................ :oops:
Norm, You did your best. It is the institutional nonsense of a Rocky Mountain High. How sad.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Spawn Of Zonk
Tadpole

Post by Spawn Of Zonk »

Rock Island Ranger, I mean only to type the facts of the day as I receive them, I am not one to judge their kindness or validity.

21 Jan 2009

Fact Of The Day: A group of ravens is known as a murder.
Fun Fact Of The Day: Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.
Not So Interesting Fact: Video killed the radio star.
Never Falter, Never Fail

-Robert Frost

Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Spawn Of Zonk wrote:Rock Island Ranger, I mean only to type the facts of the day as I receive them, I am not one to judge their kindness or validity.

21 Jan 2009

Fact Of The Day: A group of ravens is known as a murder.
Fun Fact Of The Day: Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.
Not So Interesting Fact: Video killed the radio star.
Keep 'em coming young one...I have actually started looking forward to the fun waste of bandwidth (but I'm sure the education is first rate--seriously)--just don't fuck with RIR's age anymore (not that he is sensative about it or anything...it just ain't right!). C'Mon kid, the Pastor is the Pastor. He can pro'ly out PT 80% of the people you know there.

Hope things are going well at the AFA, learn much...fight the good fight...drive on stud...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Young man, it's not nice to make fun of old guys!!! :wink:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave