What not to do on a weekend if you are underage...

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

What not to do on a weekend if you are underage...

Post by Sleepy Doc »

This weekend picked up a Coastie who upon getting ejected from a bar tried starting a fight with a bouncer very much larger than he. All the while he referred to said bouncers ethinc African origins by a very un-flattering word beginning with "N". This 19 year old Seamen (yes, jokes are intended..) was underage drinking with several fake IDs, to include one belonging to his brother visiting from the Army (more on the brother later..) LEOs state that he was just going to be let go about his business until he started he started throwing about the word that rhymes with the small liquor measuring glass known as a "jigger".

When he realized he was being given a citation for assault-3 and disorderly conduct he began to cry like a little bitch (no bullshit, my 2 year old niece doesn't act like this..) and say he was dizzy and felt like he was going to pass out, requesting to be taken to the hospital. He finally signed his promise to appear after several attempts by the issuing officer (many more than would be given the average civilian..) thus avoiding being taken into custody upon discharge from the hospital.

Upon arrival at the hospital (still crying like a little schoolgirl about how he was in big trouble so we should let him go..) he proceeded to insult the triage nurse by using the same tirade of vulgarity. The nurse proceeded to tell him he needed to stand down. When she asked if our intrepid Coastie knew a particular Senior Chief, he loudly declared that said Chief could suck a dick (not knowing the Senior Chief in question was the nurse's husband..) Needless to say, the chain of command was promptly notified by telephone.

[edited to add: the nurse it turns out was a retired LTCDR from the Navy and Coastie had to be picked up my his BM1 (equivalent of squad leader)]

When our young squid finallyregained his faculties he began to realize that just how fucked he is, given that the Coast Guard has a zero tolerance policy for drinking under age when you are 19 or younger.

Oh yeah, the brother visiting from the Army was thrown in jail for interfering with police and resisting arrest after he tried grabbing an officer by the collar and demanding to know where his brother was being taken...

Somebody obviously didn't pay attention at the weekend safety briefing.. or just didn't give a shit. (Maybe the Coast Guard doesn't do them..)
Last edited by Sleepy Doc on September 7th, 2008, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

I discovered when I was attending the Navy senior Enlist Academy, the concept of a saftety brief or aPOV inspection was a strange concept to them. They laughed and told me that they played by "big boy rules". I agreed with them but told them that a 19 year old kid on the loose is not, in all cases, a "big boy".
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Seabass1-4
Ranger

Post by Seabass1-4 »

A myth paid forward by those who don't know how to play "elementary school rules."
Bco 2/75 1997-2004
HHC & Aco 2/75 2007-2009
Class 9/98
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I still remember 1SG Pickering telling us " I know you guys are gonna try and drink under age. If you are going to do it, stay in your room and keep a low profile. If you go downtown, show your ass and get caught I will have no choice but to crush your nuts with a ball-peen hammer"..

I don't get it. You know you are in the wrong to begin with, so why bring more attention too yourself by acting like a fool?

Update: It turns out that the mother of our young lad sent a letter to his CO some months ago. In it she stated that her son was not receiving the proper leadership and motivational training from the USCG and that they needed to improve their ways. Nice of mom to point that out.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

what the Fuck? hey MA, if you'd done your job, the CG wouldn't have to... :roll:
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

KW Driver wrote:what the fuck? hey MA, if you'd done your job, the CG wouldn't have to... :roll:
No shit.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I believe his future role in the Coast Guard will be "flotsam". Or is it "jetsam"?

Either way, it just goes to reinforce the concept that the portion of the brain that assesses risk doesn't fully develop until 25.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Re: What not to do on a weekend if you are underage...

Post by CloakAndDagger »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:Somebody obviously didn't pay attention at the weekend safety briefing.. or just didn't give a shit. (Maybe the Coast Guard doesn't do them..)
Ah! Safety briefs! :D
"Remember! No sex in the b'rracks!"
"If ya gonna tap it, ya better wrap it!"
"If you get too drunk to get home, you can call me and I'll come get you. I won't be happy, but I'll still come get you."
"Never jump out of a plane without a 'chute."
"If you get thrown in a Mexican jail, you ain't getting fed unless someone brings you food. I'll come visit you, but I ain't feedin' you. So just don't get arrested in Mexico, hoo-ah!"
"Don't forget to check her I.D.!"
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:Update: It turns out that the mother of our young lad sent a letter to his CO some months ago. In it she stated that her son was not receiving the proper leadership and motivational training from the USCG and that they needed to improve their ways. Nice of mom to point that out.
As they say Mother is only half the word!!!
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
31B_Soldier
Tadpole

Post by 31B_Soldier »

Roughly 3 months before my first tour...we got a new CSM..Guy was/is (hes still here) a MOUNTAIN..literally. 6'7...well over 300lbs of muscle...spent 18 years at Bragg.

His first Battalion Safety brief he spent a minute just sayin the normal shit (16 will get you 20...yadda yadda) Then called us all to attention.

At that point honor gaurd marched out carrying a casket...and they acted like it was a real funeral..sombered up alot of us new guys (I had 3 months out of osut at that point).

Ill never forget his words...
"If you drink and drive this weekend..you will be carried just like this. And if you dont die from your stupidity..you will STILL be carried like this..because I will personally kill your worthless p.o.s. ass..AFTER you dig a 6 foot hole in the parade field...and stand gaurd over it for the rest of the week"

Sad thing is...monday morning rolled around...went to PT...there were 3 tents set up...next to 3 holes..and 3 guys sitting next to said holes. :roll:..in full battle rattle...with signs that said "Im dead because I drank and drove" They had to camp there until friday, and couldnt leave the holes except for work and latrine breaks After that they switched off on CQ till monday. Not to mention loss of rank/pay...naturally

Takes all kinds to fill the ranks...Shame.
B/787 MP Training Btn 03 Nov 05-1 Apr 05
300th MP CO 16 Apr 05-20 Mar 07
OIF V-VII, Ramadi, Iraq
116th MP CO 20 Mar 07-Present
OIF VII - Present Iraq

"The turning of the tide in battle always begins with one Soldier's decision to return to the fray..."
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

31B_Soldier wrote:Roughly 3 months before my first tour...we got a new CSM..Guy was/is (hes still here) a MOUNTAIN..literally. 6'7...well over 300lbs of muscle...spent 18 years at Bragg.

His first Battalion Safety brief he spent a minute just sayin the normal shit (16 will get you 20...yadda yadda) Then called us all to attention.

At that point honor gaurd marched out carrying a casket...and they acted like it was a real funeral..sombered up alot of us new guys (I had 3 months out of osut at that point).

Ill never forget his words...
"If you drink and drive this weekend..you will be carried just like this. And if you dont die from your stupidity..you will STILL be carried like this..because I will personally kill your worthless p.o.s. ass..AFTER you dig a 6 foot hole in the parade field...and stand gaurd over it for the rest of the week"

Sad thing is...monday morning rolled around...went to PT...there were 3 tents set up...next to 3 holes..and 3 guys sitting next to said holes. :roll:..in full battle rattle...with signs that said "Im dead because I drank and drove" They had to camp there until friday, and couldnt leave the holes except for work and latrine breaks After that they switched off on CQ till monday. Not to mention loss of rank/pay...naturally

Takes all kinds to fill the ranks...Shame.
Good post. When I was AD, we had all sorts of ass hats that believed weekends and passes were for drunken debauchery. I had one CW2 that was certain that flying was only undertaken after a weekend of alcohol consumption; needless to say, there were 3 of us hospitalized after catching a thermal and going "cowboy" up and over.. :(
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

So much easier when you had a beer machine in the barracks. Drop your 50 cents in and get your can of Malt Liqour.

I have never agreed with the 21 year old drinking age. MO
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

McD wrote:So much easier when you had a beer machine in the barracks. Drop your 50 cents in and get your can of Malt Liqour.

I have never agreed with the 21 year old drinking age. MO

B Co. had one......the biggest problem was having enough change to get drunk with......it was there until 85ish when the law changed...Cock suckin motherfuckin bullshit.....Yeah....Yeah...I'm still bitter..... :twisted:

I'm goin for a BEER....A Great Lakes "burning river" :wink:

Cheers
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
Jibtrim
USCG Veteran

Post by Jibtrim »

Point 1: Said Coastie is fucked. Seriously fucked.
Point 2: Squids are members of the Navy. We're puddle pirates.
Courage is fear holding on a minute longer -- General George S. Patton
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Jibtrim wrote:Said Coastie is fucked. Seriously fucked..
Had a chance to speak to the Master Chief and he has a track record (suprise, suprise!....:roll:)

Yeah, he pretty much fucked his career..

I mostly felt bad for others in the USCG and how this kinda dipshit can cast everybody in a bad light. Fuckin Turd..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”