Random thought of the moment.

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Random thought of the moment.

Post by RANGER513 »

We got a litte snow around my A.O.

Saw a guy driving a rear-wheel drive only ( not all-wheel drive ) Cadilac with chains on the FRONT tires. :shock:

" Life is hard.........its even harder when you're stupid ! " - John Wayne 8)
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

roadtheshortbus wrote:rgrokelley:

Bar Mitzvah = Boys
Bat Mitzvah = Girls
Chubacabra - short, hairy critter
Chimichanga - some food thing in a bread wrapper
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

rgrokelley wrote:
roadtheshortbus wrote:rgrokelley:

Bar Mitzvah = Boys
Bat Mitzvah = Girls
Chubacabra - short, hairy critter
Chimichanga - some food thing in a bread wrapper

Now that shit is funny.
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

In one 6 hr period I rolled an RG on it's side (which somehow righted itself), no shit the right side tires left the ground.

Had another RG from SF pull the bar armor protecting my door from RPG into a pretzel knot with thier spare tire.

Almost kill some dumbass on a motorcycle.

Watched a Buffalo skew turn itself nose down and perpendicular into a ten foot deep embankment and end up with the rear axle (of three) so far in the air that the tires were off the fucking ground.

Jesus Christ my adrenal glands are empty. I'd rather get shot at.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

New York, Excelsior Battalion ROTC, College, College girls, my girlfreind, my family, and Ranger Ingraham here I come. Gonna miss the weather, the bikini girls in November, and looking at my paycheck with so little taxed out of it but hey, you can't have it and eat it to.

I always feel the most at home when my bags are packed... is that wrong?
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

rangertough wrote:In one 6 hr period I rolled an RG on it's side (which somehow righted itself), no shit the right side tires left the ground.

Had another RG from SF pull the bar armor protecting my door from RPG into a pretzel knot with thier spare tire.

Watched a Buffalo skew turn itself nose down and perpendicular into a ten foot deep embankment and end up with the rear axle (of three) so far in the air that the tires were off the fucking ground.

Bet you will never bitch again when you have to fix a flat tire at home.... :lol:

Good lord man, this is becoming a pattern. Who the hell is driving Stevie Wonder??
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

C-MAC wrote:
rangertough wrote:In one 6 hr period I rolled an RG on it's side (which somehow righted itself), no shit the right side tires left the ground.

Bet you will never bitch again when you have to fix a flat tire at home.... :lol:

Good lord man, this is becoming a pattern. Who the hell is driving Stevie Wonder??
I was driving the RG. We had two choices of routes to take, we watched the Buffalo (about 3 feet of suspension travel) put all three axles through the max travel at the same time on choice number one. My TC sends me to choice two and it looks great. Bullshit it almost flipped us. When I looked out my window during our almost rollover all I could see was ground and all my TC could see was sky. I have no idea how we ended up back on our tires. All the observers said our right side tires were off the ground.

While I was playing "Rollover drill" our Buffalo parked beside a ten foot embankment that was pretty much hidden by tall grass. The embankment crumbled under the Buff (which weighs 29 tons) and the transfer cases were resting on the ground. The Buff was a hair from rolling down the embankment. They tried to recover it with our existing assets and to put it mildly it went bad. The nose of the vehicle skewed down the damn near verticle embankment and came to rest with it's ass in the air like stripper and the tires on the rear axle off the ground. It almost flipped end for end onto it's back.

The dumbass on the motorcycle bolted out from behind a jingle truck, between vehicles in my patrol. I locked up the tires on an RG (17 tons).

This mounted shit is for the birds.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

For us old shits who fought without body armor, using our grandpa's weapons...

What is an RG?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Random thought of the moment.

Post by KW Driver »

An RG is one of the various models of MRAPs, as is the buffalo. Should be able to google search for images.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

KW Driver wrote:An RG is one of the various models of MRAPs, as is the buffalo. Should be able to google search for images.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

rangertough wrote:
The dumbass on the motorcycle bolted out from behind a jingle truck, between vehicles in my patrol. I locked up the tires on an RG (17 tons).

This mounted shit is for the birds.

Tough
Have a friend that was in 2nd Stryker. He use to have the same MRAP gymnastic stories. But he also said there was no better place to be when you were in IED-Land.

Just be happy you are not in one of the new GCV-IFV's. I heard they are going to be about 50 ton. Motorcycle-ass would have looked like a bug on the windshield.

Stay safe.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Don't believe in Santa, flying reindeer, or snowmen that talk and walk around ? Well thats all fine and dandy, but let me tell ya about one Christmas critter ya better believe in.......The Christmas Gnomes !! :shock:

Why, might ya ask ?

I'll tell ya why. These sneaky little bastards are alive and well, I tell ya. And for 11 months out of the year when ya think all Christmas critters are taking some R & R.....BEWARE ! Not these cotton-picking little sawed-off ass-clowns ! Ya know what Christmas Gnomes do ? I'll tell ya.....these sneaky little critters sneak around ALL year long and seek out and find Christmas lights ! No matter where ya put them, no matter how many ya have, these determined little butt-munch Gnomes will find your lights. And no matter how well or how carefully you put away your Christmas lights last year, these sick little bastards spend 11 months secretly screwing up your lights into a green ball of mixed up wires that make silly string look organized !!! :evil:

Rant over.

Merry Christmas everyone ! 8)
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”