Random thought of the moment.

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Re: Random thought of the moment.

Post by Jenny Lynn »

For the duct tape fans.....
stumbled upon this quote

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Had a talk with people with other views then I have, can honestly say I had not truly understood the word plutocracy before :?:

I looked it up, A plutocracy is a political system where power is concentrated in the hands of a small number of wealthy people, usually those with inherited wealth and wealthy families (plutocracies are often also aristocracies).

Not sure if plutocracy is quite the right word I'd use but I don't see America as a democracy or a republic either.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Jenny Lynn wrote:Had a talk with people with other views then I have, can honestly say I had not truly understood the word plutocracy before :?:

I looked it up, A plutocracy is a political system where power is concentrated in the hands of a small number of wealthy people, usually those with inherited wealth and wealthy families (plutocracies are often also aristocracies).

Not sure if plutocracy is quite the right word I'd use but I don't see America as a democracy or a republic either.
Conspiracy theories aside, we are not a plutocracy... Barack Obama proves that one. His presidency can be better described as croneyism. Almost everyone of power in his administration is from Chicago and know each other. There has been a lot of complaints lately that they are all white men and he has no diversity.

We are still a Republic, mainly due to the House of Representatives. That is where you see a large variety of folks from different backgrounds in charge. We have never been a democracy, nor were we ever supposed to be a democracy. The word democracy is not in the Constitution and was considered a synonym for a lawless society just steps from anarchy. After the French Revolution America feared democracy and it wasn't until Andrew Jackson that you see the word pop up in relation to our government.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rgrokelley wrote:
Jenny Lynn wrote:Had a talk with people with other views then I have, can honestly say I had not truly understood the word plutocracy before :?:

Conspiracy theories aside, we are not a plutocracy... Barack Obama proves that one. His presidency can be better described as croneyism. Almost everyone of power in his administration is from Chicago and know each other. There has been a lot of complaints lately that they are all white men and he has no diversity.

We are still a Republic, mainly due to the House of Representatives. That is where you see a large variety of folks from different backgrounds in charge. We have never been a democracy, nor were we ever supposed to be a democracy. The word democracy is not in the Constitution and was considered a synonym for a lawless society just steps from anarchy. After the French Revolution America feared democracy and it wasn't until Andrew Jackson that you see the word pop up in relation to our government.
Well stated. George Washington and the founding fathers tried to ensure that the Republic had representation based on population (House) as well as the states (Senate). The problem is that all too often vested interests (big business, emotional groups) have more power than they ought. It is necessary for each citizen to take part if this experinent called the USA can long endure.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Ranger X, I was hoping my laptop wasn't going to blow up when I clicked on the link :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice Dr. Suess in a different light, definitely not the Suess I read as a kid .... thanks for the chuckle I needed it :!:

Jenny
Jenny

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

rgrokelley wrote:

Ranger Rgrokelley, I was very happy to see you reply given that I always enjoy your persepective on US History and can say your posts get me thinking! Thanks, Jenny
Jenny

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Jim wrote:[Well stated. George Washington and the founding fathers tried to ensure that the Republic had representation based on population (House) as well as the states (Senate). The problem is that all too often vested interests (big business, emotional groups) have more power than they ought. It is necessary for each citizen to take part if this experinent called the USA can long endure.
Ranger Jim,
You so nicely summarized what I see as the big problem with America today.... the power is in the hands of the vested interests (special interest groups, political backers); each citizen should be fighting to keep our rights as Americans that our anscestors fought so fiercely for :!: Jenny
Jenny

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the HA's didn't addopt the mutt.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

rolling out soon for a round trip from home to Whidbey Island to make sure a stranded military family gets home, like to give a piece of my mind to the #@&*% at the terminal next to where I volunteer who has control issues and set this whole cluster in motion, have to believe this person will get theirs!!! :evil:

Looking forward to crashing when I get home late morning, early afternoon tomorrow :?
Jenny

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

What's up with the time stamps on this website it's definitely not 5:34pm in the evening???
Jenny

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Jenny Lynn wrote:What's up with the time stamps on this website it's definitely not 5:34pm in the evening???
I've moved my time to Moscow Zone to make it even with my actual time - months ago.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”