Worth flying my girlfriend out for OSUT graduation?

Basic & AIT
california
Ranger

Post by california »

I was wondering if it was worth flying my girlfriend out to Ft. Benning for OSUT graduation, She really wants to go but I was looking at my pipeline and saw that my report date for BAC is the same day as my graduation...Could that be right? and would that mean I wouldn't get any time to spend with my girlfriend? I don't mind going straight to BAC I just don't want to spend the 600 plus dollar plane ticket when I would only get to spend an hour or two with her. Any help on the subject would be great and I apologize if this question has already been answered on the site Ive searched and didn't find anybody else with the same question
C-Co 2/75
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Worth flying my girlfriend out for OSUT graduation?

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome to the uncertainty of military family life. This is the last grad where you can be reasonably certain that you will graduate and when.
RASP is the one that matters but your odds of being there are slim.
Assess your risks and make a decision. Hey, it's only money--shortly your risk assessment (whether or not you make it to Regiment) will be life or death. This is part of the selection process. Good luck.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Just dump her before she gets fat and cheats on you.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I was wondering if it was worth flying my girlfriend out to Ft. Benning for OSUT graduation..
No.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Bro you don't even know if that is a for sure graduation date...all the dates on the reservation sheet you are looking at...they are all tentative. You won't know your "for sure" graduation date until you have actually finished reception and are picked up by your DS's. To echo what the others have said, you are worrying about the wrong stuff right now.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Does Victory Drive still have girlfriends or have they all been married by legs and moved off somewhere ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

My parents came down for OSUT graduation, went to BAC for inprocessing, had a room for the weekend off post.

I ended up with Fire Guard and couldn't stay with them Saturday. The point being is you may be off from training on the weekends, but there is still personal PT and duties like CQ and Fireguard too. Just food for thought.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Same advice my brother gave me 25 years ago- she will rapidly become GUD- Geographically Undesirable
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987

Return to “About OSUT”