Sitrep - Mathxc

Basic & AIT
mathxc
Future Soldier

Sitrep - Mathxc

Post by mathxc »

Hello Rangers,

I have just graduated the Basic Training portion of OSUT and currently am on pass. I will be starting the next portion of OSUT on Monday. They are going to kick it off with the 12mile ruck march! Pretty excited about that. 5 people in my platoon were offered Ranger contracts out of the 7 that were candidates. I was one of the 7 but I was not offered a contract with the 5. All of the 5 selected have PT of 270 or higher and mine was only a 263. Their contracts are still up in the air though for another few weeks so if I can step it up and get my PT up some more then I will have a chance. Assuming I do not get the contract though, I will be stationed at Ft. Drum. I am pretty happy with my duty station. Once again, thank you all for your service it is an honor to have a chance serve with men like you.

Regards,
Mathxc
Graduated OSUT - 20110930

11B
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Sitrep - Mathxc

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. If the option is offered again, you have the opportunity to exert a little more effort to get the additional seven points. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
mathxc
Future Soldier

Re: Sitrep - Mathxc

Post by mathxc »

Hello Rangers,

I graduated OSUT today and I am proud to say that I acquired a Ranger contract and I report to Airborne hold on Sunday. We are under the impression that hold will only be a week, so that is good. Not sure how long RASP hold will be but we I'm hoping it will be fairly short. It feels good to finally be done with OSUT but that is only the beginning. It has been a long journey and definitely worth every step.

To anyone trying to get a Ranger contract in Basic: Just stick to your dream and don't settle with mediocrity. If it is what you want then go for it and never quit trying. It is up to you to achieve your goals. Make sure you let your Drill know kind of early on that Rangers is what you want, no matter what they say, keep going for it and keep letting them know that Rangers is what you want. Don't forget that this is your life and it is only what YOU make of it.

Thank you Rangers for your service, I look forward to following in your footsteps. I WILL be a Ranger!

Best Regards,
Mathxc
Graduated OSUT - 20110930

11B

Return to “About OSUT”