Ranger Handbook

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
Usssocom303
BANNED

Ranger Handbook

Post by Usssocom303 »

I have been trying to read 2 or 3 Army, Marines and Navy Manuals a week while taking notes. The Ranger handbook, however, is 300 pages! Would it be prudent to read the entire tome, or should I discern the most important and practical areas of emphasis? Thanks, and best of luck with any future deployments. Gallantry will come to you all.
Hmmm, sounds like a big helo in the back ground heading this way. Almost looks black in color, like a Chinook.
It's getting clo......
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Ranger Handbook

Post by Jim »

You don't just read the Ranger Handbook, you keep a copy with you and refer to it. In the meantime, read more and post less. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Usssocom303
BANNED

Post by Usssocom303 »

Thanks man. I actually study language, military and sociology texts for about 6 hours a day. I know more about some of this stuff than my Maritime Interdiction buddy.
Hmmm, sounds like a big helo in the back ground heading this way. Almost looks black in color, like a Chinook.
It's getting clo......
Usssocom303
BANNED

Post by Usssocom303 »

Haha he's a great guy he runs with those Marines on rubber attack boats around Somalia...like FAST, but maritime... anyways, I know the theory through and through but the Army says that until my jurisprudence troubles are taked care of and they are sure I will not relapse on hard drugs (3 more months) I can enlist as 18x or 40.
It's getting clo......
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

The difference between theory and experience is akin to the difference between intelligence and wisdom.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Usssocom303 wrote:Thanks man. I actually study language, military and sociology texts for about 6 hours a day. I know more about some of this stuff than my Maritime Interdiction buddy.
And yet, you still haven't read the FAQ's or site rules as directed, have you?

Tell you what, I'm giving you a 10 day break. Learn attention to detail, the rules of our house, and how to properly conduct yourself while you're in it.

And come up with another screen name to re-register with in accordance with the site rules.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “Close Combat”