Judo, Jujitsu and combatives

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

that's a much better post then your last one.

your run time needs work. on a two mile, flat, paved or hard packed course, you need to aim for a sub 13:00 min. that should be your goal.

and a 5 mile, 40 minute max, 8min. +/- 15 sec/mile pace is standard too.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

grj5001 wrote:I joined the Army to make something of myself. I chose to follow the path of an Army Ranger to push myself to a level of mental and physical toughness that right now I can only imagine. I had the opportunity to accept a commission, but turned it down because in my mind I had no right commanding troops when I had never been in their place. I enlisted in the Army to become a Ranger and to learn how to follow and lead from the best soldiers in the world. I feel that achieving this level of excellence will permit me to command properly and to have the respect of the men I could someday lead. Army Rangers have the highest standards and if I am going to expect the best I first have to achieve the best. I want to become an Army Ranger to push myself to my very limits in hopes that I can join the ranks of the 75th and fight for my country.

PT Scores:
2 mile run: 15:42 (Cross Country)
2 minute push -up max: 89
2 minute sit-up max: 70
Pull-up, dead hang, no time limit: 15

Current PT score= 250
This is a good post, now we may be able to help you. KW is correct, 13:00 would be a great time for someone with your frame. What weight are you hoping to drop to as that will significantly affect your run time? If I am correct you said you went about 250? If so, weapons squad here you come.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
grj5001
Paratrooper

Post by grj5001 »

Ranger Charlie 51,

I am 5'10'' and weighed in at 213 as of thursday morning. I want to drop down to 190 by the end of the year and be 185 to 180 by the time I leave for Basic. Im hoping the weight loss and running with a weighted vest to keep my leg strength will help make me run faster.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

sound hooah but you do have a smart ass mouth. Cherry's don't rebutt nothing, say roger that, move out and draw fire. BTW I am 9 minutes from 30th AG
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

grj5001 wrote:Ranger Charlie 51,

I am 5'10'' and weighed in at 213 as of thursday morning. I want to drop down to 190 by the end of the year and be 185 to 180 by the time I leave for Basic. Im hoping the weight loss and running with a weighted vest to keep my leg strength will help make me run faster.
Don't run with weights/weighted vest. Distance my friend, distance. If you want to keep leg strength, do lunges. Light weight, lots of reps.

Welcome here.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

and a weighted vest will do wonders for your knees in 10-20 years.

ok, bravo beat me to it.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Close Combat”