Martial Arts and kids

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
panthersix
Ranger

Re: Martial Arts and kids

Post by panthersix »

Thats awesome! Congratulations to you and your son. The sparring matches will be both fun and scary to watch. Gotta make sure he knows how to defend against the head shots!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Chiron
Ranger

Re: Martial Arts and kids

Post by Chiron »

He had 6 3 minute boughts Wednesday. At one point he got a hit on his jaw and hios shoulders hit the ground before his feet. I thought that's it he's going to come up crying. No way he bounced back up and scored a kick to the other boys head for 2 points with a warriors face growlin.

He doesn't always come ahead on points and once he did get hurt and tears started. The sensei just started shouting at him and pushing him back into the fight. The proudest moment was seeing him with tears of pain and maybe fear go forward and score points.

In the end it's not the belt that counted but most of all his drive to overcome the pain and fear. I'm proven correct in pushing that he maintains the sport! He is making me happy. In the end the experience of getting hurt knowing that he must bounce back and he will bounce back is all the gold in the world.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “Close Combat”