Introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Bfitz95
Egg

Introduction

Post by Bfitz95 »

All,

My name is B, I am a prior service Marine 0311 from 2013-2017 2/6 STA. That is now currently stationed and serving as a Whiskey on oahu. At the moment I am acquiring my science degree to further prepare for SOCM. I am awaiting my year on station to attend RASP. I got offered an airborne slot and a possible early PCS and I am taking it. That will hopefully cut that 2/3 wait for an OCONUS tour. I've been in touch with the regiment recruiter as well as a friend in 3rd batt who is trying to help me out with getting some straight answers.
I strictly joined the Army to attend RASP and will give it my best. As many times as I have to(the plan is 1) I wasn't aware of the year on station and that option 40 isn't offered to prior service. It took me getting out to realize the military is where I belong so I plan on giving the entirety of my self to the regiment. The rangers stand out the most in my eyes as true hard dicks and I want to be challenged consistently on being on top of my game.
Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction

Post by cams »

Welcome and good luck on your journey. Regiment is a very different animal than any other unit or service out there. If you make it, you will be challenged daily.

You should, if you haven’t already, ask your friend to grab you a Ranger HandBook and a Blue Book and start studying them anytime you can for starters.

What’s the story behind your sigline?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Bfitz95
Egg

Post by Bfitz95 »

Thank you rangercams.
I have heard nothing but great things from running into batt boys in training, and through the grape vine with people I know so I do look forward to the opportunity. As for hand book. I have the 4th edition medical ranger handbook and the newest addition of JSOM. I just recently found out about the blue book from reading through some forums on this website so I'm gonna try to get ahold of one, catch up on as much history as I can and learn the creed. I was a little behind because I've had to learn all this basic army knowledge all at once.
As for the sig line. It's just something lance corporals say in the marine corp. I'm sure you're familiar with bamcis.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, B.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

No need to address us with the honorific Ranger before our screen names, you are a veteran and as such it is not required of you, that is used for our DEP’s to start them on some military courtesy training.

That said when you use the word Ranger (IE Regiment or Battalion or Rangers et al) it is always capitalized here, as is Regiment.

Roger on your sigline reply, it did immediately raise an eyebrow because it goes against every Ranger standard out there, which is why I asked. Lies, excuses and blaming others would immediately get you thrown out the front gate with prejudice. I understand though it’s just a (most likely) funny statement the young Marines use, no harm no foul.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, B.

If your plan is to be successful at RASP there is a lot of great information on this site for that purpose.

I sent you a PM, please check it when you can.

What did you do in the time you were out? I assume you weren't gone from the service for that long.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Bfitz95
Egg

Post by Bfitz95 »

Cams,

My apologies and yeah the sig line is just a saying in the Marine Corp nothing to be taken to seriously. If you think it will raise to much concern i can change it, it is no biggie.

Disinfertention,

Of course i plan on giving it my best, this seems like a pretty valuable resource so i plan on utilizing. I am searching around for a blue book now, i found stuff on quizlet but ill take it with a grain of salt on the accuracy. Honestly though i looked into contracting, i am assuming i didn't look well enough because what i found were some low paying static security jobs. I went back to blue collar so i could decide on what i wanted to do whether it be college or vocational. Then the nostalgia and that feeling of no purpose hit and it took me getting out to realize that i absolutely love the job, environment and people. Didn't water the grass as well as i should have but i am glad i didn't in the long run. Now i'm in it for the long run . Also have nothing weighing me down.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

It's a common theme, B. With guys who get out and want back in. I'm not sure if I would have lasted outside of the military. I didn't even last in a different unit for a few years... I was set on getting out of the military and about 6 months into that thought I had to volunteer to go back to Regiment to stay sane.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”