Introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
dastvb
Egg

Introduction

Post by dastvb »

Hello Rangers and fellow veterans!

I am a prior service member. I am dropping my son off today at the recruiter's office and will watch him swear in tomorrow. He has an option 40 contract, so God willing in about six months I will be a Ranger parent.

I did basic and AIT in 93 and served in the 3rd ACR from 94-96 and achieved the rank of E-5.

Thank you all for your service!
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Sergeant. You must be very proud. If your son hasn't been on the site, ask him to log in & post an intro.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
dastvb
Egg

Post by dastvb »

I will make sure my son knows about this site. He's in reception right now about to start OSUT, so I don't think he gets much time to browse websites. My wife is also looking for sites to visit. She's a bit more worried about him than I am. I'm more excited than anything. He grew up wearing my old BDU's running around playing Army, and now he gets to do it for real. My wife just thinks about her little boy becoming a soldier and going into combat and she gets worried. My nephew is a Marine and just got back from Syria, so she hears stories about that and worries. I figure if you're going to be deployed, it might as well be with an elite unit that train harder and does it better than anyone else. And outside of special forces, the 75th is the best there is. Although it sure seems like a lot of SF guys end up coming out of the Regiment.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome future Ranger Dad. We take great pride in the fine young men who pass through ArmyRanger.com as they earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. invite your son to register himself. We have a program designed to prepare these Option 40 future soldiers to complete RASP.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”