Introduction - Flamingo

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
ChildishFlamingo
Embryo

Introduction - Flamingo

Post by ChildishFlamingo »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Pvt. Flamingo. I have a 25U Option 40 contract. I shipped off to Ft. Benning for BCT on Sep. 21 and graduated Dec. 3. I then began AIT for my MOS (25U) here at Ft. Gordon where I am in Week 10. I graduate AIT around mid April I believe and will then begin Airborne school.

My last APFT which was the final APFT for AIT was on Monday of this week and my scores were:

105 pushups
62 situps
13:20 2 mile

I've been PTing on my own but wanted something a bit more organized so I've been following the 12 week RASP plan without the ruck marching because I don't have a ruck and I heard using a backpack is bad. I know pullups are stressed here and I work on them consistently. I don't have an exact number but I've never struggled very much with them compared to some of the people I've seen do pullups. My weakness is my situps and I don't know if it's my technique or not but lately I've been doing a lot more situps to increase them. I am confident I will max my run on the next APFT I take and hopefully my situps as well.

I don't know what else to include in my introduction so I will end it here. If there is anything you Rangers would like to know about me I will answer and I am here to learn and execute.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Flamingo

Post by Jim »

Welcome Flamingo, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Why do you want to be a Ranger? Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Are there any more Option 40s in your unit? Check your PM. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ChildishFlamingo
Embryo

Ranger Jim,

I am 18yrs old. My Father was a 31B who recently got out a few years ago. He had two deployments to Afghanistan and one to Iraq. He's the biggest influence on my decision to join the Army. I think living around Ft Lewis as a kid and teenager and seeing 2nd Battalion whenever we would go on base is one of the main reasons I want to be a Ranger. I could just always see myself as part of that group. I always told myself that if I joined the Army I would be a Ranger.

I am the only Option 40 in my unit.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ricanman wrote:Don't mean to barge in as I'm still a useless wannabee but I saw you got an option 40 contract. My recruiter must have blatantly lied to my face as I expected about the Army discontinuing option 40's.
Take it to PM's.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Flamingo, You were on the site today, but you have not posted in two weeks. What is going on?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ChildishFlamingo
Embryo

Ranger Jim, I get on the site from time to time to browse around and learn. I've been focusing on PT and my mos training. What should I be posting?
jth456

Post by jth456 »

Flamingo, you could be posting weekly SITREPS. Let everyone know how your PT is coming along, how your training is going, how well you know the Ranger Creed and Ranger History. You have access to all the mentoring you could ever need on this site. Take advantage of it.
ChildishFlamingo
Embryo

Ranger jth456, I haven't studied the Ranger Creed or Ranger history too much yet and I need to get on top of that soon. I've been working on improving my situps the most recently because I can max the pushups and run right now but for some reason I can't max the sit ups and I don't really know why maybe it's my technique... but regardless I've been hitting core hard lately.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Flamingo, Please memorize the Ranger Creed this week-end. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ChildishFlamingo
Embryo

Roger Ranger Jim
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ChildishFlamingo wrote:Roger Ranger Jim
So what are you doing now? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ChildishFlamingo
Embryo

Working on PT. Next week is my last week of training then I'm inact until airborne.
ChildishFlamingo
Embryo

Update,

Currently maxing pushups and run. I'm at 70 sit ups in 2min so overall APFT of 287 right now. Feel good about my APFT improvement. Working on getting that 300.

I'm in my last week of AIT. Graduate the 20th then will be holdover for about a week I've heard then off to Airborne.

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”