not sure of husband's claim

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
marshabrady
Embryo

not sure of husband's claim

Post by marshabrady »

My estranged husband claims he was a Ranger. He didn't talk about it at all while we were married which was for over 20 years, but he did share other details about his time in the Army. As I've read about what is involved in becoming a Ranger I have doubts that it actually happened. I don't know if it's possible to verify his claim. I'd appreciate any help I could get, only to put my mind at ease. I have no ulterior motives in trying to pursue this.
Ronin
Triple Canopy

Re: not sure of husband's claim

Post by Ronin »

Welcome to the site. We are going to need to know a little bit more about you before we decide to help you prove your estranged husband is a poser. He probably is a poser but thats beside my point. Who are you, where are you from, what are you here for and do you like long walks on the beach?
RS Class 03-99
2/75
RRD
7th SFG(A)
marshabrady
Embryo

Post by marshabrady »

I need to be able to be as anonymous as possible...not sure who's watching. When you ask who I am, what do you need from me?

I'm asking because as I've thought about what he has and has not shared with me over the years, I get a very sick feeling in my stomach. It seems to me he would be very proud to talk about his Ranger days and friends, but he's said nothing. We have two kids and I believe he has woven a lie to try to impress them (or our son, at least). In some ways I would be better off now knowing, I think. But as I move forward in trying to determine whether to work on the marriage, if I learned that he did in fact lie about this, it would influence my decision in a big way.

Of course I love long walks on the beach. Or I assume I would. I don't live anywhere near a real one. It's snowy in my world at the moment.

Tell me if you need more, but I would be most comfortable emailing, tbh. Thanks for your help, too.
Ronin
Triple Canopy

Post by Ronin »

I can understand your need to be anonymous. We've all been burned by shitheads on the internet. Maybe someone will come along and offer assistance through email. Best of luck.
RS Class 03-99
2/75
RRD
7th SFG(A)
marshabrady
Embryo

Post by marshabrady »

So in order to get help i would need to reveal my name and where I live in this public forum? I guess I don't understand why that's necessary. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me via email? I don't mind sharing that...

marshabrady82@yahoo.com

Thanks, I hope...
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

marshabrady wrote:So in order to get help i would need to reveal my name and where I live in this public forum? I guess I don't understand why that's necessary. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me via email? I don't mind sharing that...

marshabrady82@yahoo.com

Thanks, I hope...
Let's make it more simple:
a. Did he say he served with a Ranger unit, and if so, which one?
b. Did he claim to attend the Ranger Course? And if so when?
c. Did he say "I'm a Ranger?"
These all give you a reaction. There are a lot if phonies.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
marshabrady
Embryo

Post by marshabrady »

He never talked about his training or which unit he was in (or friends that he would've made, etc). He has a Ranger tattoo. What I know of his military days is that he views them as wasted time. Says he spent the last several years drunk, during which time he was oversees. Was honorably discharged after an episode of drinking that resulted in one of his friends seriously injuring himself. Things don't add up.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Did his tattoo look like one of these:

or one of these:

Or something else?

We don't want your name, home address or anything else like that. However we all share a healthy skepticism when it comes to people on the internet asking for all kinds of information without providing much detail.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
marshabrady
Embryo

Post by marshabrady »

It's like the last one. And I understand your skepticism. thank you.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Have you ever seen his DD214? What timeframe did he supposedly serve in the Army? Where overseas did he supposedly serve?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Good morning Ma'am. Allow me to interject, how do you feel about post-it notes?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Ronin
Triple Canopy

Post by Ronin »

cams wrote:Good morning Ma'am. Allow me to interject, how do you feel about post-it notes?
Crossthread points +1. Winner winner, chicken dinner!!
RS Class 03-99
2/75
RRD
7th SFG(A)
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

cams wrote:Good morning Ma'am. Allow me to interject, how do you feel about post-it notes?

Because we all know how you feel about them.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Silverback wrote:

Because we all know how you feel about them.
Just offering a discreet way to verify she/he's not a troll sitting in his own basement with tighty whiteys on. Always willing to help out SB.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
marshabrady
Embryo

Post by marshabrady »

Totally lost on the post-it notes thing. Inside joke, I'm sure.

He graduated high school in '82, attended college for a semester or two, quit and then enlisted. I believe he was in from '83 until '89. Was in the states for a few years and then ended up in Stuttgart. We met in late February of '90 and he hadn't been out long.

I have seen his DD214 but didn't look at it carefully. At the time I didn't have these concerns.

If my questions are mostly an annoyance at this point, please forgive me. As I said, it may be best if I just didn't know the answer. Thanks to everyone, and especially thank you all for your service.

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”