not sure of husband's claim

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: not sure of husband's claim

Post by cams »

It is just one way we use to verify some people. I can see that your level of seriousness around your OP isn't conducive to my sense of humor so I'll let you be. Stick around, someone may offer to help if you're willing to provide the proper details.

Other than that we're not all that bad, some of these animals are actually quite gentlemanly once you get to know them. A better group of men and soldiers you won't find anywhere.

We also have a contingent of Ranger wives here from time to time, they may be able to offer you some advice or guidence in a way only chics can do for each other.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Yes the Post-It note thing is an inside joke, we tend to amuse ourselves. Hang around long enough and you will see.

Your questions aren't annoying, we just tend to be a little jaded, and my questions to you were an effort to get a better picture of whom we might be dealing with. From what you've mentioned so far it is hard to establish much, other than it sounds like he is bitter. His claim that his time served was a waste - well you get out of it what you put in to it.

To the crux of your concern - your children. If they are adults themselves then at this point the probably already have an established opinion of their father and his stories. If your son is a teen, he will eventually see through any bullshit and realize what kind of person his father really is.

Honestly, for us to go much further we would need some details that you may be unwilling or unable to provide, such as his name & Ranger School class date(s), what units he claims to have served with, etc. Even then if you were to confront him with anything to refute his claims, he would likely go all "secret squirrel" and claim his records are sealed or some such bullshit.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

If he has a Ranger Tab tattoo, it could mean that he attended Ranger School, but was never assigned to a Ranger unit, that would still make him a Ranger. If you know his Ranger School class date you could do a search and see if his name is on the class roster, or post it on here and someone could help you search. I will tell you that I have been married well over 20 years and I don't know if my wife knows my Ranger School class date and she was with me when I was still serving. Hope this helps a little, good luck.
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Other than that we're not all that bad, some of these animals are actually quite gentlemanly once you get to know them.
Like who ? :D
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

marshabrady wrote:Totally lost on the post-it notes thing. Inside joke, I'm sure.

He graduated high school in '82, attended college for a semester or two, quit and then enlisted. I believe he was in from '83 until '89. Was in the states for a few years and then ended up in Stuttgart. We met in late February of '90 and he hadn't been out long.

I have seen his DD214 but didn't look at it carefully. At the time I didn't have these concerns.

If my questions are mostly an annoyance at this point, please forgive me. As I said, it may be best if I just didn't know the answer. Thanks to everyone, and especially thank you all for your service.
Did he ever show you any old pictures ? Ever hear from any old buddies, Christmas cards and that kind of stuff ? Talk about guys he served with, things he did etc. ?
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Ronin
Triple Canopy

Post by Ronin »

IntelToad wrote:
Other than that we're not all that bad, some of these animals are actually quite gentlemanly once you get to know them.
Me, of course. :twisted:
RS Class 03-99
2/75
RRD
7th SFG(A)
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Ronin wrote:
IntelToad wrote:
Beat me to it.

Ronin, H8train, Ranger X, Slowpoke, SB, the Pastor, KW, and the list goes on. 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

cams wrote:
Ronin wrote:
IntelToad wrote: Like who ? :D
Beat me to it.

Ronin, H8train, Ranger X, Slowpoke, SB, the Pastor, KW, and the list goes on. 8)
A scholarly group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

While I have documentation of such from both Congress and the President, these other reprobates are working off word of mouth.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
marshabrady
Embryo

Post by marshabrady »

I've never seen any pics or heard of friends. Don't know of dates he was in training. He mentioned Ft. Hood and Stuttgart. I never really pressed anything because the incident that led to his discharge seemed so painful for him to discuss. He also said he spent the last part of his enlistment mostly drunk (think I said that already). Doesn't strike me as the behavior of a Ranger. Anyway, thanks to you all.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Even if you husband served as a Ranger (Regiment) or was Ranger Qualified (Ranger School), please do keep in mind that is not a 100% of integrity, either at the time or ongoing. While we do have a stringent selection process and high standards for integrity, nothing is infallible.

To paraphrase one of our members here "The selection process never ends."

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
marshabrady
Embryo

Post by marshabrady »

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that even if he was a Ranger in some capacity, he still could've acted as he did (being drunk) and/or never speak of it once he was out?
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

What I'm saying is that IF your ex was a Ranger, that is not a guaranteed indicator of strong or continued integrity.

Simply going to Ranger School or graduating the Ranger Indoctrination Program does not prevent him from being human with all the faults and foibles that accompany. So yes, he could have served as a Ranger or been Ranger Qualified and still been a drunk loser by the time he got out.

Just based on the small amount of info you've already provided, I'd say there is more to the story than you've ever heard, and that his fault in the matter was probably also greater than he has indicated.

Most bullshitters clam up with "I don't like talking about it" when you dig in to their bullshit. They only like to share details when they think they control the conversation.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Personally I suspect there is something going on behind the scenes.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”