Intro - rokkett

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
rokkett
Egg

Intro - rokkett

Post by rokkett »

Quick introduction here: I was with A Co, 1/75 from late 1983 until April 1987. Attended the RS 10-85 class.

If you were around the 1/75th at that time, please message me, looking to re-connect.

Most importantly, I must pay my respects to all of my Ranger brothers who have served and those that continue to serve - especially those that given all.

RLTW!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro - rokkett

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome home Ranger brother! Glad you found us.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome Ranger, drop your ruck, take a seat and tell us about yourself.
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Ranger Rokkett, Please tell us more about yourself.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for you service to our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Rokkett.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome youngster, set down and rest, this may take a while. While we're waiting for some one to get you squared away,tell us some stories. We already know you like long walks on the beach.....tell us something else.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
rokkett
Egg

Post by rokkett »

On this Mother's Day, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our Mothers, spouses, and family and friends that supported and continue to support each Ranger that has taken on the duties and responsibilities of wearing the Ranger Tab.

A quick story to better date my transition in the 1/75th Ranger Battalion. My Mother didn't really understand what I had signed up for and committed to when I enlisted in the Army with the Airborne Ranger option. I finished Basic/AIT and went straight into Airborne School in the Summer of 1983. I got a quick leave before having to report to Fort Stewart/HAAF. I would have to dig through paper work, but if I recall correctly, my report date was October 31st, 1983. All of the Grenada Rangers are now recognizing what I was about to step into. While on leave, sitting at home with my parents, the evening news came on and when the reports of Army Rangers from Georgia had been deployed to Grenada, I had to explain that was my Battalion.

Once all of that sunk in, I can still see the tears in my Mother's eyes as I boarded the plane fly down to Savannah, Ga to report for duty.

Of course, I was not involved in the Operation Urgent Fury, as all of the 1/75th Rangers who were would continuously remind me of over the next couple of years, but the worry and strain on the Ranger families because of the dangers faced daily by members of the Ranger Regiment is real.

Thank you to each Ranger Mother, Spouse, family and friends for supporting and recognizing that each Ranger has volunteered for this and is not out seeking glory or honor. It is a intense desire to serve and to be a member of the best of the best military units in the World. If a Ranger has to go into combat, he will be the best prepared, the best equipped, the best trained Solider to complete the mission.

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”