RE-INTRODUCTION BIG MARE

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
BIG MARE
Ranger

RE-INTRODUCTION BIG MARE

Post by BIG MARE »

Greetings, BIG MARE. I've been out and about working with some Great Americans doing great things. Now I work with some Great Americans trying to do great things. I recently reconnected with peers I grew up with in 3rd Battalion via random phone calls and wanted to re-connect with those who have joined here since.

I like 7 mile fun runs under solar eclipses and reacting to ambushes from sprinkler systems around 5 in the morning when the water hits you chest high and kidney low at the same time.
B CO FIST 3RGR75 2002- 2003 OIF 1 & 2
HHC FSE 3RGR75 2003-2004 OEF 3
CPT (RET.), 35D and 35E, Missouri Army National Guard 2008-2020
USARA Life #56817836
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: RE-INTRODUCTION BIG MARE

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome back young Ranger.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You have been gone over a year. Please tell us what you have been doing.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
BIG MARE
Ranger

Post by BIG MARE »

Ranger Jim,

I received my first taste of the Joint World working and dreaming Joint Pubs with TRANSCOM on title 10 this last year. Long days writing book reports as an Intel Planner. Now back with the MO Guard drilling in my role as a qualified Counterintel officer giving briefings on Threat Awareness Reporting and reminding folks "if you see something, say something" by giving the report to the 308th located at the nearest military installation. Family life is good, healthy son, happy wife, and working on a graduate degree.

An individual, who I am familiar with, made it into the media recently for allegations of deciding to wear more than he earned for his service. Never questioning his status of adornments on his uniform while working with him and this recent revelation spurred me to revisit my roots with you all and "sharpen the saw" as Covey would say. I despise poser's and I know this is a great group of people who agree that those who have been there and done the real deed should not endure dilution of their contribution. Poser's steal the enabling support that is known to be provided for such service that is intended to refresh and subsequently empower to continue mission.
B CO FIST 3RGR75 2002- 2003 OIF 1 & 2
HHC FSE 3RGR75 2003-2004 OEF 3
CPT (RET.), 35D and 35E, Missouri Army National Guard 2008-2020
USARA Life #56817836
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

BIG MARE wrote:Ranger Jim,

I received my first taste of the Joint World working and dreaming Joint Pubs with TRANSCOM on title 10 this last year. Long days writing book reports as an Intel Planner. Now back with the MO Guard drilling in my role as a qualified Counterintel officer giving briefings on Threat Awareness Reporting and reminding folks "if you see something, say something" by giving the report to the 308th located at the nearest military installation. Family life is good, healthy son, happy wife, and working on a graduate degree.

An individual, who I am familiar with, made it into the media recently for allegations of deciding to wear more than he earned for his service. Never questioning his status of adornments on his uniform while working with him and this recent revelation spurred me to revisit my roots with you all and "sharpen the saw" as Covey would say. I despise poser's and I know this is a great group of people who agree that those who have been there and done the real deed should not endure dilution of their contribution. Poser's steal the enabling support that is known to be provided for such service that is intended to refresh and subsequently empower to continue mission.
Glad to have you back with us. Please stay active on the site!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”