Introduction- Isiah

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Isreal
Egg

Introduction- Isiah

Post by Isreal »

Starting off this introduction by stating my heart and gratitude goes out to all rangers in the Regiment. You all are the modern day Spartans in our society. Your braveness and sacrifices have not gone unappreciated. I thank you!

I'm Isiah out of McAllen, Tx. I'm currently in the Texas National Guard about to deploy in the next few months to Egypt for a support mission. I'm 11B mosq.
Once I get back from the deployment my ETS date will be coming up. I'll be honest I didn't know much about the regiment once joining the military. In OSUT is was selected to view a Ranger school graduation. That graduation ceremony got me so pumped to finish OSUT and push myself even harder. Once maxing out my PT test a group of individuals were aloud to view a small presentation on the 75th Ranger regiment by Ranger recruiters. Immediately after I knew I had made the wrong choice in joking the Guard.

My question to the Rangers on the site is, is there a possibility for me to get a RASP slot as a prior service, as a 11B Airborne Ranger contract (Option 40). Is it a red flag that I'm already 11B MOSQ?

APFT
Push ups: 80
Sit-ups : 75-78
2mile: 12:47
5 mile: 42:37
12mile: 45-50lbs 3hrs 25mins
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Isiah

Post by Jim »

Here is the Ranger Regiment Recruit link. Have you considered asking your unit to request a Ranger School slot?

http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75th ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Isreal
Egg

Re: Introduction- Isiah

Post by Isreal »

I have contact the 75th Ranger Recruitment center and all they really tell me is that they can't do much since I'm still in the guard.

I'm ranted, kicked and screamed for my unit to send me to ranger school, at least Airborne. But nope. My Guard unit only sends Officers. The ones who get the high speed schools aren't even 11Bs. This is one of many reason why I can't wait to get out of the Guard

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”