Intro- Cody

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Danger_Close
Egg

Intro- Cody

Post by Danger_Close »

Hello!

First off, I am not a civilian, I just cant for the life of me find a service member intro page, and I figured it is better to intro myself here than no where at all.

Now that that is out of the way.... My name is Cody. I am currently an Indirect Fire Infantryman with 4th ID, on deployment to the wonderful world of Afghanistan, the RC South region in particular. I found my way to this site through a friend of mine who is currently active with 3/75. I had mentioned to him my interest in attending RASP after this deployment is over, and he told me this site would be a good way to get a little extra info so I wasnt starting off into that endeavor completely blind. I am an E-4, just about to hit my 2 year mark, looking at making E-5 sometime in April of next year if I stay with this current unit.

Outside of the military, I am your typical 21 year old guy. Love whiskey, love cars, love dirt bikes, and the louder the music the better.

Thanks for letting me join you guys here on this site. Ill probably stalk my way through some forums for info before I start asking any questions. Also, if there is a service member intro page, and I just managed to miss it somehow, dont hesitate to correct my ass. I definitely dont want to start out on the wrong foot here.

Thanks much Gents.

-Cody
Acting Mortar Squad Leader, A CO, 1-12IN, 4-4BCT

Every 11B in Fort Carson upon seeing a handheld 60mm: "Yo bro! You should let me shoulder fire that thing! It would be badass!"

By all means, go for it. Just let me get my camera out first.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro- Cody

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Cody, glad to have you aboard. I took the liberty to move your introduction to the proper thread. Please read all you can find. We here at armyranger.com take great pride in the fine young men who come by here on their life journey. Please begin by memorizing the Ranger creed and start living by it. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, 4th ID.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Danger_Close
Egg

Post by Danger_Close »

I appreciate you squaring me away Jim! Thanks for the welcome!

Every 11B in Fort Carson upon seeing a handheld 60mm: "Yo bro! You should let me shoulder fire that thing! It would be badass!"

Mike11C11B
Ranger

Post by Mike11C11B »

Welcome Cody! We have a few 11C's here, some current. I'm curious, what systems do you have total?
1/75 Mortars 1999-2002
3/75 B Co, 1st Plt 2004-2005
3/75 Snipers 2005-2007
OEF/OIF
Class 7-00
Danger_Close
Egg

Post by Danger_Close »

Mike- Myself, I have been fortunate enough to be on the line my whole career, so my emphasis has obviously been on the current iteration of the 60mm. Though I have been incredibly fortunate so far and been afforded many opportunities to cross train with Battalion Mortars here, which has allowed me to become fairly proficient on both the 81mm and the 120mm as well. With the 120 I have gotten the chance to work with it while it is trailer mounted, ground mounted, and even track mounted briefly. Though I have to say, coming from my light infantry roots, the 60mm has a special place in my heart. I dont think you can ever beat the feeling of squeezing off a round in handheld.

Lunch- Thank you much! Glad to see I am not a lone Chuck in a sea of Bravos :P

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of Danger_Close wrote:Mike- Myself,
Welcome young brother of the 4ID - glad to have you here.

I noticed you gave Mike a new name - our Rangers are proud of their names - please spell them as they are shown. You will find in the Rangers paying special attention to small details is important for all. Us old timers are always watching you young'uns.

Mike is Mike11C11B.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Danger_Close
Egg

Post by Danger_Close »

Noted! Thanks for correcting me Steadfast, its always appreciated!

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Cody, any new developments?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, Cody. Thanks for your service to our great country. Sorry I am a little slow with the welcome.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”