INTRO- John

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
StupidDupid
Embryo

Re: INTRO- John

Post by StupidDupid »

Rangers,

Your words of advice have been heeded.

Respectfully,
John
2ID 2013-Present
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Anything new to report?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
StupidDupid
Embryo

Post by StupidDupid »

Ranger Jim,

In the months of October & November I had several talks with my PSG & PL about attending RASP. Their advice was that I need to attend Ranger School first before attending RASP because being a Ranger in the 75th is rough without your Tab and I would basically have to start over as a Private. Also, I was told that 1SG wasn't going to recommend me unless I had my Tab. Despite what my leadership had told me I followed the advice of some members of Armyranger.com & continued to attempt to gain support from my TL, SL, and other NCO's within my platoon by having them write LOR's.

To keep a long story short, everybody I asked for a Letter of Recommendation agreed & was more than happy to write one. But, by the end of November I only got 1 LOR back & decided to talk to my PSG. His advice was still the same as before & mentioned that 7th ID DRSA (Division Ranger Selection & Assessment) was coming up & asked if I wanted to go. I said "yes".
My DRSA report date was Dec 01, 2014 to Dec 04. All of the Cadre are Ranger qualified & the 3 day course mimics RAP week events such as RPFT, CWSA, 3 mile buddy run, day & night land navigation, obstacle course, 12 ruck march, & then a written test afterwards. The course started with almost 40 soldiers including enlisted, NCO's, Officers, & 3 females ( 2: E-4's & 1: O-4) By the end there was 29 soldiers left.

Admin (Steadfast) deleted document which contained your name - apparently the heading this forum shaded In pink shows you do not pay attention to detail.

.com/albums/kk290/StupidDupid_bucket/20141204_073510.jpg[/img]

According the cadre JBLM is allotted 12 slots for Ranger School & 7th ID DRSA determines who they are sending based on that soldiers performance, motivation & where he ranks against his peers. My ATTRS training record was updated this week And I have been put into a wait status to report to RTAC on Feb. 06 2015 Image
2ID 2013-Present
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Stay on them the way that you have. PT 'till you drop, stay in shape and be ready for that last minute call, just in case. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”