Intro: Doc_Dino

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

Rangers, Veterans, Spouses, Parents, and Future Soldiers,

I am an Active Duty and recently promoted E-5 Medic Stationed at Ft Carson Co in the 4th Infantry Division with nearly 4 years time in service. I am a Highly Motivated and hard working soldier that recently submitted and RASP 1 Application and who is also very fed up with the declining standards of the regular Army. I joined the Army in 2010 and was stationed at Ft Carson in 2012. My first unit was a Support Battalion with 4ID where the lack of motivation and discipline nearly drove me insane. From there I was chosen to try out for the 4ID Personal Security Detachment (PSD) which would eventually guard the Commanding General of 4ID with the Division HQ Battalion in Afghanistan. I spent 7 months trying out/ training and eventually deployed as Medic the 4ID and RC South PSD Platoon but my deployment got cut short when my newborn daughter had some emergency issues and they allowed me to return home. In the short 3 months I spent in Afghanistan I conducted many missions outside the wire ( though very disappointingly I never saw combat) and I got a taste of what its like to be in a highly motivated well trained group of soldiers and I became "Doc Dino". Now that I have returned home I have been assigned to the MED Platoon of the Headquarters Battalion which is very similar to my old unit in terms of motivation and discipline and I am starting to lose it again. There is no purpose or drive for any of these soldiers and for that reason I made the very wise decision to apply for RASP 1 and an assignment to the 75th. I am Passionate about my job and Serving my country and I want to be the best at it that I possibly can. Sorry if this seemed to be a bit of a Rant but it sure felt good to vent :D .

Thanks for reading
Doc Dino
4th Infantry 2011-present
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro: Doc_Dino

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com Doc_Dino.

You've picked the right place to come.

Myself being 4ID (at one time 1969-1970) run right here to met you Doc_Dino. Welcome HOME.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

Thank you Ranger Steadfast. By any Chance does you username have anything to do with the 4ID Motto "Steadfast and Loyal"?
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome Doc. The world you're imagining does exist. There are places where all the soldiers want to be there, and when the shit hits the fan, will never leave your side.

The 75th Ranger Regiment is one of those places, and they always need good Medics. You sound like one of those.

The medical path to Regiment is probably the hardest and longest. Fortunately for you, we have a couple of them on this site to guide you if they choose to.

Good luck, you'll be in for a whole new awakening and if it's really what you want, you'll end up with the best medical training the military has to offer. With that comes an enormous amount of effort and sweat just to get to the gate, after that it's all up to you brother. I wish you well.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

Thanks Ranger CAMS

I have been reading sitrep's from a few Ranger Medic's on here and what ive gotten from it so far is eye opening to say the least. It seems like a great challenge though and I know I will be ready for it. It had taken longer than expected to get my packet ready but I have been preparing for about 6 months now and I want this more than anything else and I am eager to prove myself.

Last pt test was
PU:75
SU:80
2 mile: 14:26
pull ups: 10

I know my run needs work and I have been steadily decreasing it. Running at over 6,000+ foot elevation really sucks :)
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Doc Dino.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Doc_Dino wrote:Thank you Ranger Steadfast. By any Chance does you username have anything to do with the 4ID Motto "Steadfast and Loyal"?
I was on the internet using the name Sua Sponte (motto for 75th) for three years. When I came here started using Steadfast decided not to have middle initial and last name - so answer is YES.

Initially when I got put in 4th ID was pissed off landing in a "Leg" unit in RVN coming from 82nd, but came to love the heritage of the 4th ID and the units I volunteered for. You volunteering for the 75th is the same thing more or less on point of view. I had friends from our weapons squad 82nd with me (when 1st in country) & they thought I was crazy for volunteering - I thought they were crazy for NOT volunteering - turned out we three survived with our units but I've never ever felt I made a BIG mistake. I made the right choice for me. Do the right thing for yourself - preparation + opportunity coming here gives you a good resource to push yourself ahead. Go Doc.

You can drop the Ranger - Steadfast will be proper.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Anything new Doc_Dino?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

Unfortunatly no word yet im going to e mail the recruiter on monday to check on the status of my packet. Its only been 6 weeks and from evetthing I have read it can take much longer than that. Im getting pretty anxious though so I have been Studying and PTing pretty hard to help pass the time.
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

I got word back from the recruiter today my packet has been help up and is awaiting review due to the fact that the subject matter expert in my career field has been unavailable so I will likely have to tack a few more weeks on to my wait time. 7 weeks already im getting pretty restless, patience is not one of my strenghts.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Doc_Dino wrote:I got word back from the recruiter today my packet has been help up and is awaiting review due to the fact that the subject matter expert in my career field has been unavailable so I will likely have to tack a few more weeks on to my wait time. 7 weeks already im getting pretty restless, patience is not one of my strenghts.
I think it will be worth the wait. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Jim wrote:
Doc_Dino wrote:I got word back from the recruiter today my packet has been help up and is awaiting review due to the fact that the subject matter expert in my career field has been unavailable so I will likely have to tack a few more weeks on to my wait time. 7 weeks already im getting pretty restless, patience is not one of my strenghts.
Concur with Jim 100%.

A) The Ranger Regiment isn't going anywhere. Unlike the Clinton years when we were threatened with extinction, they have proven their worth tenfold since the first boots hit the ground in Afghanistan.

B) To go to the Regiment as a medic? Well, lets just say that even with your back-ground and experience, you will see a whole other side of medicine that you only hear about in rumors and hushed tones. You will literally be on the cutting edge of emergency medicine, and your clinical skills will be tested and honed to a razor's edge that you never knew possible.

So, yeah, when you look at it that way.. it is well worth the wait.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

Sleepy Doc wrote:
Jim wrote:
Concur with Jim 100%.

A) The Ranger Regiment isn't going anywhere. Unlike the Clinton years when we were threatened with extinction, they have proven their worth tenfold since the first boots hit the ground in Afghanistan.

B) To go to the Regiment as a medic? Well, lets just say that even with your back-ground and experience, you will see a whole other side of medicine that you only hear about in rumors and hushed tones. You will literally be on the cutting edge of emergency medicine, and your clinical skills will be tested and honed to a razor's edge that you never knew possible.
So, yeah, when you look at it that way.. it is well worth the wait.
I Definatly I know it will be worth the wait and the more I read and talk to people the more I realize it. Whats got me worried is that my window for re-enlistment closes at the end of next month and I have been advised to wait until I have an answer about RASP before Re-enlist. If i comes down to it I will just re-enlist for whatever option is available and hope everything works out im just trying to avoid that.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

1. In the meanwhile, I hope you are working out and improving your PT. Also, memorize the Ranger Creed.

2. When you do go to RASP you may have lots of challenges as a leader. Expect it!

3. Shortly after you complete RASP, you can expect to attend Ranger School. You will be an E-5 without a Tab. The tabbed SP4 and PFC will not take kindly to your tab-less status.

4. Try this link:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=65488
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

Jim wrote:1. In the meanwhile, I hope you are working out and improving your PT. Also, memorize the Ranger Creed.

2. When you do go to RASP you may have lots of challenges as a leader. Expect it!

3. Shortly after you complete RASP, you can expect to attend Ranger School. You will be an E-5 without a Tab. The tabbed SP4 and PFC will not take kindly to your tab-less status.

4. Try this link:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=65488
Ranger Jim,
I tried the link you supplied but I get a message stating that I am not authorized to read the forum. I also have been workng on PT and making improvments I just need work on my 5 mile run time, I have brought it down 3 minuites in the last month but im still at 42:10. I have also memorized the Ranger Creed and I am now workin on learning Ranger history and weapons.

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”