Introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction

Post by Untilthelastbreath »

Greetings Rangers, my name is Colton, I'm 21 years old, I'm an Intelligence NCO serving with the 205th MI BN out of Hawaii. I'm currently filling out my RASP 1 packet. I found this website through my own research and have been reading a lot on here. I'm confident enough that through my own drive, passion, and knowledge on this site that one day I will become a Ranger. It been a long time dream of mine to join the 75th Ranger Regiment. Thank you to all that have served and continue to serve this great country.

V/R,

Colton
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Welcome Colton, please tell us more about yourself. What MOS are you working now? Why do you want to become a Ranger?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Roger, Ranger Jim. I have been in for about four years now and recently set up my paperwork to reenlist for another six years. My MOS is 35M Human Intelligence Collector. The 205th is my first assignment and I'm looking forward to making my next home to be with 75th Ranger Regiment. My time in this unit has been great. When I first got here as a little E-2 I wanted to do everything I could to set my self apart from my peers. Anywhere from competing setting battalion rucking record (only 8 miles) to Soldier of the year competition. The reason I want to become a Ranger is to be apart of a brotherhood that you don't really see in the conventional Army. I want to be apart of something that is bigger then myself. Also my great grand-father served in WW2. I feel the best way to honor him and make him proud of me is to go above what he did in the conventional Army and excel in Ranger Regiment. One of the last times I talked to him I asked him why he served. What he said will stick with me forever. He said " I fight because I love this country and will give my last breath to make sure the war is not at my door step.". I feel I can do this at Ranger Regiment and also fulfill one of my many military goals.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Colton, are you already Jump qualified?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Negative Ranger Jim. That's what I'm reenlisting for incase my RASP class date falls after my PCS date.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

a. Add pull-ups to your work-outs. Work up to 10 with excellent form.
b. Memorize the Ranger Creed and start living by it.
c. Read as many of the letters from school as possible.
d. View the RASP video I posted.
e. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Colton.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Roger RangerJim. I started the Pre-Rasp workout that comes with the RASP packet and will add your tips to it. I've made it through quite a few of the letters from school and will get through a lot more tonight since I'm on CQ. I'll watch the video a few times too. Quitting is never an option. I won't let you Rangers down.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Untilthelastbreath wrote:Also my great grand-father served in WW2. I feel the best way to honor him and make him proud of me is to go above what he did in the conventional Army and excel in Ranger Regiment.
Not a bad intro, you sound pretty squared away so far.

This statement above bothered me though. It may just be my personal feelings on it as I'm sure you meant no disrespect to your Great Grandfather.

Their are very few people left alive that can even fathom what these great men dealt with in WWII.

Your statement of "going beyond what he did" simply because you may serve in a Special Operations unit, detracts from his accomplishments and sacrifices and is not a fitting way to speak of him.

WWII was a hell that killed millions in a few short years. I'm sure that he would be just as proud simply for you serving in an honorable fashion and doing whatever MOS is required of you to the best of your abilities.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Ranger Cams I understand your view on it and reading back over it does sound weird. I didn't mean any disrespect towards him or anyone else who served in that era. He was definitely my hero and will always be. I'm just trying to make him proud.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

If you haven't had the opportunity, find yourself an M-1 Garand rifle, just so you can pick it up.. feel it's weight and heft. Put the bayonet on it and swing it around. If you ran out of ammo you could just crush the skull of your enemy with a butt-stroke to the head.

Now imagine carrying that, plus your kit, plus your ammo and grenades. Oh, let's not forget the heavy-ass steel pot helmet. Think of the coldest day in your life, make it colder still by taking away some your stuff, like, say boots or mittens.. or sweater. Or imagine being in the most impenetrable jungle on the planet, sweating your ass off, but still having to carry, and care for that chunk of iron and wood. 10 lbs doesn't seem like much, until you have to do it.

That is one of the reasons in my view that the men of your grandfather's era are considered the "greatest generation". You had to be a red meat eatin', black coffee drinkin', unfiltered cigarette smokin', bad-assed motherfucker to wield one of those in combat, and live to tell the tale.

Hijack over..

Doc out
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Untilthelastbreath wrote:Ranger Cams I understand your view on it and reading back over it does sound weird. I didn't mean any disrespect towards him or anyone else who served in that era. He was definitely my hero and will always be. I'm just trying to make him proud.
Roger. I'm sure you meant no disrespect. Consider it a learning lesson about carefully choosing your words when you speak of giants.

I wish you luck on your quest.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Ranger Sleepy Doc, I couldn't agree more with your post. Roger that Ranger Cams.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country! Good luck with your future. If you will look and listen, you can learn a great deal here that can help you accomplish what you want to.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”