Rick - NG to 75th

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Re: Rick - NG to 75th

Post by Sleepy Doc »

ABetterMe wrote:Also to address the question of whether or not I work out.

I do, I do weight training 4 times a week and crossfit/swim 3 times a week.
Its a start.. but it sounds like you have an uphill battle ahead. Completely within your reach, though. I have a friend who was 5'10" and 280ish. He started working out religiously and eating a more healthy diet. He lost 100 lbs, (and is continuing to loose) It took him a year, but he did it.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
ABetterMe
Embryo

Post by ABetterMe »

Sleepy Doc wrote:
ABetterMe wrote:Also to address the question of whether or not I work out.

I do, I do weight training 4 times a week and crossfit/swim 3 times a week.
Its a start.. but it sounds like you have an uphill battle ahead. Completely within your reach, though. I have a friend who was 5'10" and 280ish. He started working out religiously and eating a more healthy diet. He lost 100 lbs, (and is continuing to loose) It took him a year, but he did it.

Roger that sleepy doc, that's very encouraging sir. While the battle will undoubtedly be hard and uphill, I will give it all I have. Nothing in life worth fighting for is easy! . Thank you
The man that put his heart into making it,finds solutions which usually lazy and indulgent give up. - Simon Bolivar

"If God calls you to defend this country,He is not offering you a job, He's calling you to service". - Never surrender (book) - LTG(Ret) William G. Boykin

Here I am, send me ; Isaiah 6:8
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Here's some points to ponder. They're rhetorical.

You're a long way from being ready to serve in the Regt. Relying on any external factor/motivation isn't enough. It has to come from within.

Your heartbreak prevented you from functioning to a minimum expectable standard, in a NG Engineer unit? As a mechanic? That's mental weakness. Mental weakness isn't conducive to success or longevity in the Regt. Go take some MRT classes

You have an uphill fight just to get a chance to attend RASP.

Getting to the Regt is all on you. Earning a place in the Regt is entirely on you. Good luck.

Cardio, cardio, cardio. Run. Run more, faster, longer, and harder.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
ABetterMe
Embryo

Post by ABetterMe »

Roger.

I truly appreciate all the advice. I will give it my all.
The man that put his heart into making it,finds solutions which usually lazy and indulgent give up. - Simon Bolivar

"If God calls you to defend this country,He is not offering you a job, He's calling you to service". - Never surrender (book) - LTG(Ret) William G. Boykin

Here I am, send me ; Isaiah 6:8
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ABetterMe wrote:Roger.

I truly appreciate all the advice. I will give it my all.
As well you should!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Maggot275
Ranger

Post by Maggot275 »

You have failed miserably with your lack of attention to detail. You have been politely instructed to read the rules, honor our rules, and respect our rules. Rule #1 (extremely easy) Address any member here that has RANGER under his avatar as RANGER (name here). You have failed to do this. We have earned the title and the respect. Your politeness is noted but that is not the same as respect.

You are a NO-GO! You might have to get used to that statement.
Attack CO 2/75 01/94-12/98
Ranger Class 08-95

I then asked the Lord: "Why was there only one set of footprints?"
He answered: "The terrain was beginning to constrict and our hit time was coming close. So I put us in a Ranger file."

VII
XXII
MMV

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”