Intro Garza

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Garza
Egg

Intro Garza

Post by Garza »

Hello, I'm currently an Active Duty PV2 11B in the 2nd ACR in Germany and I've been trying to become a Ranger even before I went to MEPS. I wasn't eligible for an Option 40 contract, 18X, or a Airborne Contract because I had to get by with an Asthma waiver, so now that I'm in an actual unit (more or less), I want to know how to drop in a packet for RASP. I'm not interested in getting tabbed (that can happen in time), rather I'm more interested in conducting missions as a Ranger in the Regiment. I created an account so if, by some crazy chance, I can't find an answer to one of my questions, I'll just ask it here, outright. Until then, I'll be lurking the Boards.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Re: Intro Garza

Post by Sleepy Doc »

For the record:

If you intend to go to the Ranger Regiment ESPECIALLY as an infantryman, you should be VERY much interested in getting your Tab. To do so as a grunt would be a fool's errand. Without it, you are nothing. Less than nothing. Also, read what I have posted about the asthma wavers in the medical issues section. Long and short or it; you could be distinguished honor grad of your RASP class, but it is up to the Battalion Surgeon to allow someone needing an asthma waiver into Battalion, NOT the MD allowing the waiver. I've seen people sent on their merry way for less.

Assuming you have a passing Airborne/Ranger/SF physical in hand (and you already said you don't) your best bet might be to try and get Ranger school as an enlistment option en-route to Airborne and RASP. That way they would have to give you the opportunity for Ranger School, because you can get RASP at any time. Again, assuming you pass the physical.. and PT.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro Garza

Post by Jim »

Garza wrote:I'm currently an Active Duty PV2 11B.
Just how long have you been in the Cav?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”