Thank You!

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
huskers15
USMC Veteran

Thank You!

Post by huskers15 »

First I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your service to this country!

My name is Jeff, USMC (86-94), reside in Charleston, SC and work in the golf industry. I have a son currently in BCT set to graduate 11/26 then on to Ft Sam for 68W AIT.

Last letter I received from him, he qualified in BRM (31/40), last APFT was 248. He also asked if I could look into the possibility of getting a RASP offer or at minimum an ABN spot while in AIT if he performs well there. With the cut backs, are these slot's harder to come by in this day and age?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Thank You!

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Jeff. I think you can find what you are looking for in the Letters from School thread. In addition, the 75th Ranger Regiment has LNOs assigned to Fort Sam, and I'm told they present a briefing on the Ranger mission to each class.

Please check this link:

https://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75t ... alties.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Welcome Brother South Carolinian. I'm in the opposite end of the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Not sure how generous they are with the AIT slots, but in general they can pull out some stops for the low number MOS's that are mission essential, like medics. I do know this; the more he can improve his PT score, the better his chances. If he is lucky enough to get one, before he takes it you need to ensure that his head is in the right place. The 68W/SOMC road is a daunting one; One only has to read Bloody Limey's sitrep and the postings of Grimm666 to see that. Daunting, but not impossible. Even if he doesn't get one now, the time he spends in the Big Army would be well spent preparing in any way he can; Ranger history, knots, Improving marksmanship and PT.. and then re-enlisting for RASP. As long as he doesn't fall prey to the "lazy medic" disease, it is easily within his grasp, provided it is what he really wants to do. It will require a yeoman's job on his part, but well worth the effort. It really should be a separate MOS and not just an additional skill identifier. When he finishes the pipeline, he will definitely be the cat's ass!

By the way, thank you for your service, and welcome, Devil Dog. Semper Fi
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Jeff.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”