Option 40....Prior Service or not?

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Musashistudent3108
Embryo

Re: Option 40....Prior Service or not?

Post by Musashistudent3108 »

obviously not, I just do that so people know exactly who I am addressing, its pretty standard forum etiquette most places on the internet, but if nobody else here does that then I'll stop.
1/214th FA GA ANG 2009-2011
3/108th CAV (R&S) GA ANG 2011-2013

"think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world"- M. Musashi
"a pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood"- G.S. Patton
"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain" - M. Musashi
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Musashistudent3108 wrote:obviously not, I just do that so people know exactly who I am addressing, its pretty standard forum etiquette most places on the internet, but if nobody else here does that then I'll stop.
I know what the rest of the internet does. I also know that the Army doesn't use "@" in that manner.

We expect all of our DEP's to adhere to this standard and we as Rangers/Mentors do not use it in that manner. I realize that you are considered "prior service" which is why you are being addressed in this cordial manner. However, you are still a potential candidate for the Ranger pipeline and your posts are visible to a lot of members. This means that you will be held to the same standards of behavior as your peers on this board.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
PxRanger
Ranger

Post by PxRanger »

I walked a similar path 30 years ago. Resigned my NG commission, secured an option 40 contract, went to AB school then RIP. Best decision I ever made. At that time I actually still maintained my commission and was considered "dual status", the RIP cadre "loved" the fact I had been an O prior and dubbed me "O1-E1", my 2/75 CO was required to write officer evaluations while I was there... definitely not the "attention" a new PFC in battalion wanted or needed...
81-84 NYARNG
84-85 C 2/75 2nd Plt Weapons Squad
85 Pre-Ranger North Fort Lewis
85-86 C 2/75 Supply
86 - Medical Reclassification to leg land
86-87 9th AFSC

"Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield. You just happen to like being the bug, Ranger." ~SSG Paniagua

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”