Introduction from New Ranger Mom

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
lbrnnurse
Embryo

Introduction from New Ranger Mom

Post by lbrnnurse »

Good Day to all of you,

I wanted to introduce myself as a new Ranger Mom. My son recently graduated RASP and is in 275. I wanted to thank you all for your dedication, service and sacrifice that you all have demonstrated in order to keep our country safe and free. I never realized the countless hours and hardships that you all endured until I saw my son's constant training , drive and determination to be a success and part of an elite group. I hope to obtain information from your site in order to have a better understanding of what to expect on his first deployment from the standpoint of the possibility of any contact with the family. This is naturally an adjustment for myself and my family. My main concern is to support my son while enabling him to stay focused on his objectives and not worry about my apprehension. Thank you in Advance for your time,

lbrnnurse
lbrnnurse
Embryo

Re: Introduction from New Ranger Mom

Post by lbrnnurse »

Thanks for the warm reception. Was wondering from other Ranger parents what to expect when our sons are deployed? Was wondering if they have any chance to communicate with the family in any way? Trying to prepare myself for months without any interaction. Keeping everyone in my prayers that they remain safe and praying for the families that they are at peace. I appreciate any input. I am sure that it will likely get easier with time, but the unknown has proven to be quite a challenge. lbrnnurse
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

lbrnnurse wrote:Thanks for the warm reception. Was wondering from other Ranger parents what to expect when our sons are deployed? Was wondering if they have any chance to communicate with the family in any way? Trying to prepare myself for months without any interaction. Keeping everyone in my prayers that they remain safe and praying for the families that they are at peace. I appreciate any input. I am sure that it will likely get easier with time, but the unknown has proven to be quite a challenge. lbrnnurse
You are welcome here.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Welcome, Ma'm. You can rest assured that you son is working with the finest soldiers this country has to offer, and when the time comes will be deploying with and learning from, quite literally, the best. I'm sure some of the other parents here here can tell you how things work nowadays as far as staying in touch with loved ones, but believe me, they can and will move mountains if need be.

I was almost kicked out of a paramedic class I was taking at 1st Ranger Batt in Savannah because my parents hadn't heard from me in some months. My mother contacted my oldest brother, who at that time was the equivalent rank of a First Sergeant, but in the Navy. He in turn contacted my Sergeant Major, and you can guess that the message rolled all the way down the chain of command to me. I was pulled out of a class roatation at Savannah Medical center in the middle of the afternoon. My instructor then told me, in no uncertain terms, that I was to call my mother at once, or at the end of the day I would be back in my Sergeant Major's office explaining to him why I had waited so long to contact her.

With the technology they have now you can get face to face contact in real time. A friend at work had been deployed in Afghanistan with the Navy. He contacted the Fire House once on his computer using Skype. The audio on the laptop was bad and we couldn't hear him, but saw him just fine. He then called on the land line and we put it on speaker phone at the same time. It was crystal clear and it was in perfect sync with the video feed from the computer.

Technology is a wonderful thing...
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
lbrnnurse
Embryo

Post by lbrnnurse »

Thanks A Million for your kindness
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Ma'm.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome. Moms are some of my favorite people! I hope we can answer all your questions and, if not put your mind at ease at least enlighten you.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”