Grandson presently in RASP

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Re: Grandson presently in RASP

Post by RangersNana »

Not Getting the SCROLL is NOT a option!! LOL he WILL get the scroll I am sure of that! He will never quit! this solider 100% dedicated.He has chosen to spend his holiday weekend alone,he told me that his Scroll was far more important than a beer.WOW, I am sooooooo proud of him! Rangers lead the way!!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RangersNana wrote:Not Getting the SCROLL is NOT a option!! LOL he WILL get the scroll I am sure of that! He will never quit! this solider 100% dedicated.He has chosen to spend his holiday weekend alone,he told me that his Scroll was far more important than a beer.WOW, I am sooooooo proud of him! Rangers lead the way!!
Please tell us more about you. Where are you from? What made your grandson decide to become a Ranger?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

I live in Tenn.Jordan grew up in Va.from the time Jordan could walk and talk he wanted to be a Warrior,first few years he was a power ranger,lol he has strong ethics,morals,integrity and drive.I am mother of 3 (Jordan's mom) is my 1st and 10 grandkids,my dad was WWII Army Vet 100% disabled,what we have come to know as PTSD didnt have a name then.He was also wounded.So I grew up with a Military driven dad who instilled in me the pride of being free.I realize the sacrifice of every solider,the price that has been paid.And I am proud to have grandsons serving.BTW,my 2nd grandson ,Jordan lil brother is in Ft.Bliss has beginng his combat eng. career/Woot! Woot! Go Army. well better get to bed,Church in the morning. Good Nite Rangers and as always Thank You.
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

Thank you Rangers,you have all been so very kind.we live in the most powerful Country in the World.It is because of Soliders like you that we can express our freedom and to ensure that it remains that way.Thank You again Rangers! God Bless you all
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

This is the post I received from Jordan. Wow, I am so proud of him

I walk a road few people understand and though my ruck is heavy and the distance is long, I am armed with the weapon of courage. I am the kind of person that always pushes forward. No matter what the odds. I'm always reaching for more. I've torn off the rear view mirrors of my life, I never look back. Only look forward, to the next challenge, the next step forward on this road. To me, there is nothing else but the next step. and God willing, someday i will reach the end of this road and find everything my soul searches for, then i will remove my ruck, with the relief of a job well done, but until then I march on. My weapon raised, sights firmly fixed on the target before me
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

he was born to be a Warrior,he is very unique,always was. Thank you Ranger
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

great news I just got a phone call from Jordan he passed his 12 mile ruck sack March this morning that's what he's been dreading for a long time 1 more hurdle down in search of that tan beret. I am so very proud of him,every time I think of Jordan my eyes fill with tears from shear pride. He is a amazing young man. Thank You Rangers,Thank You for the leadership,Thank You for molding our young warriors. I am so grateful to live in this Great Country,Thankful for freedom. God Bless each of you

P.S. LOL I guess I wont have to change my username Sir!!!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good news. Keep us informed. He appears to be a fine yurn man!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

Thank you Sir,I will do that.
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

Jordan called,said that more Ranger cadets passed the 12 miles ruck march then ever in the history of rasp.Only 2 dropped out or didnt make it.He hopes to be chosen to earn that Tan Beret. I hope he is chosen! I know how badly he wants this
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

The Ranger Regiment is a unique institution. A soldier must earn his place. So far, your Grandson is doing well. You have every reason to be proud.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

Yes Sir,those that can make the cut have earned it,as it should be.Nothing for nothing leaves nothing.He told me that those in his class are the the best of the best so he is sweating it LOL making the cut,he is determined that if need be he will go thru recycle.I pray that he wont have too. May God's will be done. Thank You Ranger Sir. I so thank you all for allowing me to share with you and how gracious you are to me. Thx again.Forever grateful Jordan's Nana

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”