Introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
airbornepunk
Embryo

Re: Introduction

Post by airbornepunk »

Currently I am talking with my branch manager about getting an assignment to the 75th Ranger Regiment, however since I am currently flagged for AA (i missed a couple formations) there is nothing he can do now until I speak to my commander. At this time I don' t know when that is. I graduate from DLI in October, i'm not sure when the follow-on school at Goodfellow, TX will be but it's going to be within a few weeks of graduating from DLI and will last about 3-4 months. After which, given I resolve my flag issue long before, I should go to RASP. But as of right now the only obstacle is the flag. This happened recently. I have no excuse only that I failed to maintain awareness.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

airbornepunk wrote:Currently I am talking with my branch manager about getting an assignment to the 75th Ranger Regiment, however since I am currently flagged for AA (i missed a couple formations) there is nothing he can do now until I speak to my commander. At this time I don' t know when that is. I graduate from DLI in October, i'm not sure when the follow-on school at Goodfellow, TX will be but it's going to be within a few weeks of graduating from DLI and will last about 3-4 months. After which, given I resolve my flag issue long before, I should go to RASP. But as of right now the only obstacle is the flag. This happened recently. I have no excuse only that I failed to maintain awareness.
Inattention to detail will come back to bite you every time.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

You are well motivated and are continuing to improve yourself. Good luck on your journey.

Uh....one other thing. I don't know about where you're from, but everywhere I've been a punk is a dude who would let guys fuck him in the ass.........just sayin'!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
airbornepunk
Embryo

Post by airbornepunk »

Just a quick update:
I ended up having a Summarized Article 15 with 14 days restriction and 14 days extra duty. After the 14 days my flag is to be lifted. Now my question is, how bad did I screw up my chances into getting into the Regiment? I understand that part of the requirements is "A person of good character (no pending UCMJ action or drug or alcohol related incidents within 24 months)". I know that this article will stay locally for 2 years or until I PCS (which I hope to be straight to RASP once I do). But as far as the ranger packet goes, how fucked am I?
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Sounds like you answered your own question. Safe bet you're at least 24months out, especially with the phasing out that's going on everywhere.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
airbornepunk
Embryo

Post by airbornepunk »

Update: Good evening, everyone. After my flag was removed I was set to go to Ft. Bragg as per branch manager. A month later my assignment was changed to Ft. Carson to work with Group. Not sure how or why but I am not going to complain!! I'm set to be there early next year. While I've decided to no longer put in a RASP contract for now I will ready myself for Ranger School as SOT-As are "V" coded.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

airbornepunk wrote:Update: Good evening, everyone. After my flag was removed I was set to go to Ft. Bragg as per branch manager. A month later my assignment was changed to Ft. Carson to work with Group. Not sure how or why but I am not going to complain!! I'm set to be there early next year. While I've decided to no longer put in a RASP contract for now I will ready myself for Ranger School as SOT-As are "V" coded.
You mean 10th SFG?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
airbornepunk
Embryo

Post by airbornepunk »

Jim wrote:
airbornepunk wrote:Update: Good evening, everyone. After my flag was removed I was set to go to Ft. Bragg as per branch manager. A month later my assignment was changed to Ft. Carson to work with Group. Not sure how or why but I am not going to complain!! I'm set to be there early next year. While I've decided to no longer put in a RASP contract for now I will ready myself for Ranger School as SOT-As are "V" coded.
You mean 10th SFG?
Yes sir. I'm not sure which BN as of right now however.

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”