Introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Introduction

Post by Untilthelastbreath »

Roger that Ranger Ron.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Rangers,

I want to start by apologizing for being absent for a year but here is an update. My process was put on hold due to having another kid. Also when I went to do my airborne physical I was informed I had spondylosis (fracture in my S1) or that what Tripler doctors told me in Hawaii. I never knew I had a back injury because it never hurt but this disqualified me. So with all that I put it on hold and reenlisted for choice of station. I PCSd to Fort Campbell in July of 2014. Graduated Air Assualt soon after I arrived. After being in my unit for a little bit I have decided to give It another shot. I emailed the recruiter on Tuesday and received my packet yesterday. I'm going to fill it out tonight and schedule a physical appointment. As far as the spondylosis I have no back pain and can run and ruck fine. My PA, Physcial Medicine, and neurosurgeon have said I was fine and Said it wasn't a fracture it's just my spine didn't grow together completely in my S1 and it was so small they are surprised it was even found. I'm hoping that with no back pain and having completed Air Assault School it will make my chances for getting a waiver for Airborne stronger. I'm just ready to begin this journey and become a Ranger. If you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome back, Colton. It appears you have had an eventful year. Have you had a deployment to Afgan or Iraq?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Ranger Jim I haven't deployed at all in my career.
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Just a quick update. I have completed all my paperwork and physicals. I am just waiting on the clinic to call me so I can pick up my medical packet and will send my packet off this week. I've been doing the pre-RASP pt plan that comes with the packets and I can defintely feel myself getting stronger and faster. I have talked with Soldiers in my platoon and they are joining me in the evenings for my workout. Three of them have decided they want to take the same path and work towards earning a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Untilthelastbreath wrote:Just a quick update. I have completed all my paperwork and physicals. I am just waiting on the clinic to call me so I can pick up my medical packet and will send my packet off this week. I've been doing the pre-RASP pt plan that comes with the packets and I can defintely feel myself getting stronger and faster. I have talked with Soldiers in my platoon and they are joining me in the evenings for my workout. Three of them have decided they want to take the same path and work towards earning a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment.
Excellent! Please keep us updated on your progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Roger that Ranger Jim!
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Rangers I sent my packet off before I left work today. Not going to lie I was pretty amped/nervous up. I've been waiting a long time and can't wait to get to RASP and make yall proud. My recruiter told me it will take one to two months to hear anything. That sucks but just gives me more time to prepare.
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Just wanted to let you Rangers know that my packet was accepted by the review board. I cannot express how happy I was when I read that email. My packet is now being sent to the Regimental CSM and all the BN CSM for their approval. I also sent in my physical for my waiver, from what I've been told and the way my recruiter talks I should be approved for the waiver. I should have a final answer about everything in two weeks. In the mean time I have been working out twice a day and I will try out for my BNs Ranger/Sapper train up program.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Ranger Ron wrote:Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country! Good luck with your future. If you will look and listen, you can learn a great deal here that can help you accomplish what you want to.
If you can ace the PT Test for RASP I.....it really is as easy as DON'T QUIT......on your family, on your Brothers, or on yourself.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Roger that Ranger Slowpoke. Quitting is never a option for me. I've never quit anything in my life pass or fail. I will not start now.
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Sorry it has been awhile since I posted. I've been pretty busy since my last post. I now have a class date for Airborne and RASP starting in January. I am beyond excited and pumped to start this path in my life. I also reenlisted today for four more years. I can't think of anything else I would want to do with my life then be in the Army and soon accomplish one of my goals that I set for myself when I came in. Thank you Rangers for your words of advice up through all of this. I will not blow this opportunity.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Untilthelastbreath wrote:Sorry it has been awhile since I posted. I've been pretty busy since my last post. I now have a class date for Airborne and RASP starting in January. I am beyond excited and pumped to start this path in my life. I also reenlisted today for four more years. I can't think of anything else I would want to do with my life then be in the Army and soon accomplish one of my goals that I set for myself when I came in. Thank you Rangers for your words of advice up through all of this. I will not blow this opportunity.
Excellent SITREP! Colton, look for a PM from me. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”