Intro - BigBoss

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
BigBoss
Embryo

Intro - BigBoss

Post by BigBoss »

Good Afternoon and Happy Thanksgiving Rangers,

I'm currently going through the DLI as a 35P and have about 7 months left before I head out to AIT. I'm not option 40, but from what I'm told I'll be able to drop a RASP packet and get picked up from that. Really focusing right now on the PT, I can max APFT easy, and max the Run, Sprint Drag Carry for the ACFT; I can't however do much weight on the deadlift.

Honestly I don't know what I need to proceed with in regards to PT in terms of improving; hopefully I can find some resources on this website in addition to what I've been finding outside of it and really prepare myself for the regiment.

Thank you for reading.

V/R,
BigBoss
IntelToad
Ranger

Re: Intro - BigBoss

Post by IntelToad »

Welcome here, how is DLI ?
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
BigBoss
Embryo

Post by BigBoss »

IntelToad wrote: December 13th, 2020, 6:16 pm Welcome here, how is DLI ?
DLI is as hard as it's supposed to be as well as being alongside the pandemic, but we're trotting along and making the best of it. Quarantined as much as possible, but as far as I know the cases of Covid are very low. Might raise after HBL though.
BigBoss
Embryo

Post by BigBoss »

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote: December 14th, 2020, 5:32 am Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Happy to be here, Ranger.
BigBoss
Embryo

Post by BigBoss »

Good morning/evening Rangers, quick update to my position.

Should be graduating DLI in about a month or so given I pass the DLPT, heading out to AIT afterward. I've been on and off on the website and found some threads speaking about the possibility of getting a mentor while here and a discord around it? Any chance I could get added to that or will I have to do some pre-requisites?
BigBoss
Embryo

Re: Intro - BigBoss Update 1 Year later

Post by BigBoss »

Good Morning Rangers.

It's been over a year since my first post back in November 2020, and about 7 months since my latest reply to this thread. I thought that this is as good as a time as any to reintroduce myself.

I'm a 35P linguist with a slot for January's RASP 1 class. After two grueling years of AIT, language training and yearning for RASP, I can finally begin RASP 1. A year ago I posted I was confident about my APFT, however after being graded by proper graders I'm ashamed to say that I'm not as confident going in with pushups.

Current Scores:
1309 Run Time
74 Situps
43 Pushups with proper form
8 Pullups, Arms inward
13 Min @ 6 Miles Ruck, 40 Lbs

To Quote Ranger cdwdirect
cdwdirect wrote: March 26th, 2006, 3:38 pm A successful RIP strategy has only two steps:

1) Don't be a little bitch.
2) Do exactly what the Sergeant commands you to do.
Swapping out RIP for RASP, that is my strategy for going through it. Honestly after sitting behind a chair for this much time, I feel like I can take anything right now. I'll be singing a different tune once I'm there I'm sure, but for right now I'm ready to give it 100%.

My Drill Sergeant says he'd have nightmares about the run before going to RASP and would run in the middle of the night just to make sure he was doing his part. I've spent too long to myself, thinking about everything that can go wrong. I have nightmares during the night about the pushups, and I will knock out hundreds before I feel fine. This desperation to pass is something I hope to carry along with me every single day I'm at Ft. Benning.

Rangers, thank you very much for reading this. The last two weeks have been some of the slowest. I am very sad to say I haven't been able to enjoy HBL to the fullest, out of anticipation for RASP 1. I truly am excited for the next two months, and every single day I will be a part of Regiment. RLTW.

///I'm writing this after I've finished writing the bottom half of this message. I understand that I should just be focusing on RASP 1 for now and that I will receive answers once I am at RMIB. I wrote these questions just to sate my curiosity and they are by no means anything I MUST have answered. Thank you for reading this message.///

On a side note. I've used the search bar for 3 different terms; RMIB, 35P, and Linguist.
35P didn't have any results, and the last comment or post that had the word Linguist in it was all the way back in 2017. I know I shouldn't jump the gun with this, but I want to ask about Ranger School and Language training for RMIB. I've heard about the pipeline for the new intel soldiers going in, and I want to ask 2 questions:

Will RMIB help me at all in terms of language resources? I understand it most likely will not be to the extent of Strategic units, but will I receive the mandated 150 hours outlined in AR 11-6, 3-2, (1)? Will I receive any support in language related endeavors?

My question about Ranger School is, as someone in RMIB with the pipeline that there is, when would I as someone coming straight from RASP 1 as a SPC be able to receive a slot to Ranger School?

Once again, thank you Rangers for reading this.
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Welcome back BigBoss,
I'm a 35P linguist with a slot for January's RASP 1 class. After two grueling years of AIT, language training and yearning for RASP, I can finally begin RASP 1.
Just for clarification are you currently at Pre-RASP and slotted for this upcoming class? Or are you just now arriving at Pre-RASP?

I would worry about the answers for your other questions when you pass selection. Stay focused on the 25 meter target. You've got to make a lot of improvement in a very short period of time. Don't let years of aspiration go to waste over lack of PT. I'll tell you the same thing I told Templar, keep your head high and put the work in that is needed.

If you are just now arriving to Pre-RASP both Templar and KesselerB from the site will be there with you. My advise would be to link up with them and use each other to push one another. Misery loves comradery, and going through with buddies somehow makes the suck suck a little less.

Nonetheless good luck, and do your best to keep us updated.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
BigBoss
Embryo

Post by BigBoss »

Carpenter wrote: December 29th, 2021, 11:00 pm
Just for clarification are you currently at Pre-RASP and slotted for this upcoming class? Or are you just now arriving at Pre-RASP?
Ranger Carpenter, I will be flying out from my base the 3rd to FT Benning, I am not currently there.
Carpenter wrote: December 29th, 2021, 11:00 pm
I would worry about the answers for your other questions when you pass selection. Stay focused on the 25 meter target. You've got to make a lot of improvement in a very short period of time. Don't let years of aspiration go to waste over lack of PT. I'll tell you the same thing I told Templar, keep your head high and put the work in that is needed.

If you are just now arriving to Pre-RASP both Templar and KesselerB from the site will be there with you. My advise would be to link up with them and use each other to push one another. Misery loves comradery, and going through with buddies somehow makes the suck suck a little less.

Nonetheless good luck, and do your best to keep us updated.
Ranger Carpenter, I'll be contacting both Rangers KesselerB and Templar time now. Thank you for the heads up and words of encouragement, I will absolutely keep all rangers here updated as often as I can.

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”