M136 AT-4 Sights

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Sgt_Elias
Egg

M136 AT-4 Sights

Post by Sgt_Elias »

Hello,
first, something about me ;)

My name is David, 39 years old from Germany and i collect US Army related stuff from WW2 - reforger time.

Hope someone can help me.

I have an empty AT4 with missing rear- and broken frontsight.

So, the AT4 is an disposable weapon, can someone sell me the sights, or have an idea where i can buy it?

I emailed Saab Bofors in Sweden, sadly no reaction.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards, David (Ex German Army EOD/UXO/Weapon Mech KFOR Soldier)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: M136 AT-4 Sights

Post by Jim »

David, your initial post should be an introduction. I moved your post to the introduction thread. Please post a proper introduction.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Sgt_Elias
Egg

Post by Sgt_Elias »

Sorry Jim. So, please delete or move my first posting, thanks.

Ok, a new start ;)

Hello,
my name is David, i was born 1977 and live in lower saxony, Germany.

I was in the German Army as an weapon mech, and EOD/IED soldier. It was the best time in my life, i really missed it.

Since my military service i collect US Army related stuff from WWII to reforger.

Thats all atm, if you have any questions, let me know it.

Best regards, David
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Greetings David, welcome to the site.

So unfortunately I think you are going to have a very hard time finding only the sites. Digging around a little it does appear that you can purchase a complete "demilled" unit for somewhere in the region of $250, however I have not seen the sights sold separately. Not sure what condition your unit is in, but the demilled versions have holes drilled in the sides.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Sgt_Elias
Egg

Post by Sgt_Elias »

Yeah, i think it's nearly impossible to find the sights... So i hope an active US Soldier can help me ;)

My AT4 is an older version, it haves only black tape at the front, i think newer ones have black and yellow.

The AT4 don't have any drilled holes, but a small area with blue paint sprayed on it, maybe it was used for training.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Sgt_Elias wrote:Thanks :)

Yeah, i think it's nearly impossible to find the sights... So i hope an active US Soldier can help me ;)

My AT4 is an older version, it haves only black tape at the front, i think newer ones have black and yellow.

The AT4 don't have any drilled holes, but a small area with blue paint sprayed on it, maybe it was used for training.
I believe you are correct about the blue paint, but it has been decades since I handled one.

The problem is that an active duty soldier would be putting themselves at risk for criminal punishment for having something like this, even though it is inert/demilled.

Good luck.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Sgt_Elias
Egg

Post by Sgt_Elias »

Yeah,
you´re right... i don´t know what´s possible and impossible in the US Army ;)

I was in an EOD/IED platoon.... it was legal to grab some demilled stuff or empty cartridges, if i ask the sarge.

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”