watch

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
ashort
Embryo

watch

Post by ashort »

what kind of watch do you guys wear in the field, i just ordered on of those luminox dive watches so ill have it before i ship out next month.....am i going to be issued a watch when i ship or are you expected to bring your own? thanks guys
Bell

Post by Bell »

You furnish your own.

RLTW
Bell
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Your best bet is a casio G-shock
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

I had a G-Shock. I think almost everyone in my platoon did too. Good watch but my band was always breaking. It seemed like it caught on shit and tore at the part where it hooked to the watch.

Ranger2
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Velcro wristband, then take a piece of gutted 550 and thread it thru both the wristband and the protective covering over the the face and the thru the other side of the wrist band. works great that way. Or pay 2000$ and get a submariner
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Probably to late by now but don’t get a watch with the indigo background. The early G-shock would be my choice, mine lasted 8 years before it croaked
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Looon
Ranger

WATCH OF CHOICE

Post by Looon »

CASIO G-SHOCK WAS ALL THAT WORE IN BATT. IT REALLY WILL "TAKE A LICKING AND KEEP ON TICKING".
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
PacLiteFAN
Ranger

Post by PacLiteFAN »

That Luminox is going to be a freakin lantern at night in the field. G-Shock is the best in my opinion too.
Hardness training starts NOW!
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I got an ironman now....I can talk to the fucking space shuttle and the thing costs like $45 bucks...

Don't buy a watch that costs more then 50 bucks. You'll lose it or it will break.

I had a casio with an altimeter and a barometer when I was in. The rage back then was those stupid "tactical" watchband made out of velcro.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I found a crushed Sieko Dive watch that was favored back in my day. Found on the landing strip during clearing ops at Camp MacKall. It belonged to SSG Dynamite Fagata and as he was my squad leader and we didn't like him, I was most pleased to give it back to him. 800 feet to concrete is a bitch. :twisted:
R6=>noname<=
Embryo

Re: watch

Post by R6=>noname<= »

I use Timex Ironman (preindiglo - dated `88) and buy silva wrist compass for it. Very great set, cheap and comfortable use for my ruck marches, ironman also great for PT. What kind of other watches was popular in Batt of that time period? issue Timex tritium still used? Its great than Ironman? I want to try another watch set of this time period and try to ask you guys. Thanks
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: watch

Post by Baseplate »

You just brought up a ten year old post. I was very confused when I started at the top and realized the names of some posters. You win this round.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “Personal Gear”