TAG Chest Rigs

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
another damn texan
Ranger

TAG Chest Rigs

Post by another damn texan »

Anybody have any experience with this TAG gear? Specifically the CR1P01 chest rig? Seems to be good quality with good features for a damn good price.http://store.tacticalassaultgear.com/cr011p.html
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: TAG Chest Rigs

Post by BadMuther »

another damn texan wrote:Anybody have any experience with this TAG gear? Specifically the CR1P01 chest rig? Seems to be good quality with good features for a damn good price.http://store.tacticalassaultgear.com/cr011p.html
Personnaly, I prefer something Molle Modular like a Tactical Tailor MAV or a Ranger Rack.

Jim
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

I'm with RGR BadMuther on this. If there junk comes off and is interchangable with other Molle style like T-Tailor or BH it would be G2G. However if it is a hard fit vest where you cant change it aint worth it.
trust me when I say you will find yourself at somepoint saying ' I wish I could change out this pocket for that one'. Different situations call for different set ups. I bet you I went through four differnt scenarios and set upos in the 'box'. Remember- METT-T
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

UPDATE: I went with the ONE piece TT MAV (TAG rig is not modular btw). It's a good piece of kit but I got complaints. As with most chest rigs, it's great for working in vehicles but get yourself a tac vest for days when you're on foot. The shoulder straps have no D-rings for attaching slings and what not and that cheap ass plastic divider in back where the straps cross said "fuck you" after about a month. Not a problem. Me being the ranger that I am unfucked it with a cigarette lighter, leatherman and the old faithful 550 cord. I decided to order the X harness. Month and a half later it gets over here and proves to be a $28 turd. Don't get me wrong, TT makes quality shit but the X harness should be used with the TWO piece MAV. Basically if you are running it on the one piece MAV, you can't easily put your rig on or easily take it off without the help of a buddy. The only way I will be able to use the X harness is to add fastex buckles to it. For any of you thinking about getting a MAV, get the 2 piece and go ahead and purchase the X harness with it. A guy on my team has the 2 piece with the X harness and it is good to go. Oh yeah, the 2 large gp pouches that come with it are a little awkward. I replaced them with the TT medium gp pouches that are divided and life is better.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95

Return to “Personal Gear”