info on equipment from 2000 era

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Looking for info
Embryo

info on equipment from 2000 era

Post by Looking for info »

Hello Rangers

My name is Anders

I come from a Danish airsoft teams that need a new look .. Up to this day we have been fooling around and imitated the Danish army in appearance. dressed in Danish M84 camo, PLCE gear and the MSA-GALLET helmet

but now several of the members would like to "switch sides" we have therefore chosen to buy U.S.. Woodland camo as it will fit well with the Danish natural surroundings ..
we have then chosen to imitate the U.S. Army Rangers from of the years 2000-2005 (before the introduction of the ACU uniform, or whatever it is called)

How ever, we will not wear the RANGER PATCH of the shoulder. since we have not been to ranger school, an therefor dont have the right to do so.. and I would get very angry myself if someone wore my company patch,(The Royal Danish Gardehusar Regiment) without having the right to do so ...I should mention that most of our members are ex-military personnel from Her Majesty's Army , and we are very proud of that

With that in place.. I have some questions about what kind of LBE you used back then .. the only pictures I have found with RANGERS in woodland, they all seem to carry the old ALICE system, and PASGT

but I belive that after 9 / 11. you got a lot of new stuff (as did we)

when was the C.I.R.A.S. plate vest and the MICH helmet introduced.? was it before or after you got the ACU.?

PLEASE NOTE! I do not seek sensitive information about operations witch you perform, nor do I seek infomations about what you would carry witch you on a mission such as weapons, communication, etc. ore eny tactics what so ever.. it will also be complete irelavant for us. Since we only need a Airsoftgun and a shit load of BB's.. The morden day RANGER gear is also irelavant. I only seek info on what kind of standard uniform, helmet and LBE/vest that was in use back in 2000-2005

If any of you could link to a photo gallery or something like that, then it would be help enough ..

I also hope that my questions wont anger eny one..and if it dos, then please say so, and i will take my serch elsewere.

My very best to you all

Anders Hansen
Denmark

PS. i use Google Translate, so pleace be nice to me about my horrible english :)
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: info on equipment from 2000 era

Post by KW Driver »

in accordance with our site rules, please go post an introduction in the appropriate area. as a veteran of your country's service, you may place it in the Rangers and vets section. we like to know who we're talking to. once you do that, you may get some replies here.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Are you in any way related to this thread?

http://armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=57539" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Looking for info
Embryo

Ahh.......That would be NO

but it's an interesting thread.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Looking for info wrote:Ahh.......That would be NO

but it's an interesting thread.
Did google translate teach you to say that? Sounds like perfect english to me.

I'm not trying to beat you up here bud, but most of what you type seems to be in perfect American English, and then simple words seem almost purposely mispelled. Maybe I'm a little paranoid in my old age, maybe I've had too much coffee and not enough whiskey to balance my head, but something just seems off to me.

Mods/Admin, can we do an IP check here please.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Looking for info
Embryo

NO google has not taught me to write English .... I speak, read and understand English fluently, but I spell it like a moron .. Therefore, I use google translate .. Danish IS my mother tongue, but I have not come here to discuss my nationality ..

Admin, do an IP -check if you please
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I hear the Danes have some beautiful, blonde, "well endowed" women.... Since the ACU and I joined the Army at about the same time, I cannot comment on what you seek, so instead I will just think about your women!
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Looking for info
Embryo

goon175

that the world thinks we scandinavia only have blond hair and blue eyes is a common misconception

and if you think our women are "well endowed" as you so nicely put it (I had no idea what it means, and had to look it up)then you should see our beaches in summer ....... all topless :-)
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Well, my grandparents hail from Scandanavia, and my blood line is about 70% Norwegian. I do plan on visiting the area some day, I have always been curious to see my Viking roots. Sounds like I will have to make a stop at the beaches as well...
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Looking for info
Embryo

goon175 wrote:Well, my grandparents hail from Scandanavia, and my blood line is about 70% Norwegian. I do plan on visiting the area some day, I have always been curious to see my Viking roots. Sounds like I will have to make a stop at the beaches as well...

it's a small world we live in
but if you want to know about your ancestors, then you could start in Kensington, Douglas County, Minnesota. where there was found a stone with runic writings. Leif Eriksson from Norway was also the first Scandinavian to set foot on American soil. In addition, there are plenty of museums all over Scandinavia... then go for it
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

seen the statue, I was raised about 4 hours from there. I have done a lot of research on Erik the Red, and Leif Erikson, along with norse mythology. All very interesting stuff for me.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Looking for info
Embryo

Denmark and Norway has a very interesting story. Norway has been under Danish rule several times, Danish kings also plays a major role in Norway's history. You will probably find this king interesting ,Svend Tveskæg or "Sweyn Forkbeard" as you might call him. He was king of both Denmark and Norway, and then he also kicked ass in england .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweyn_Forkbeard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Personal Gear”