Plate Carriers

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
JohnDowland
Ranger

Plate Carriers

Post by JohnDowland »

Looking for a new one. Grey Group carries Paraclete and Mayflower. I like the releaseable Paraclete carrier, but for 610.00 it's a bit steep. The mayflowers were a bit too "slick", and the materials seemed of a cheaper grade.

London Bridge Trading Co had some I thought of checking out this weekend, but Irene changed travel plans. Any thoughts? Anyone use LBTC's line or either of the lines carried at Grey Group?
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Re: Plate Carriers

Post by C-MAC »

I have an Eagle SPC, but can't say it has been used as a "duty" rig. Anyway, I like the modular nature/flexibility and it is relatively light as body armor goes. They can also be picked up at a very fair price depending on the plates (I need new ESAPI plates, which are anywhere between $400-$600).

I also have a friend using the Eagle CIRAS. It's nice and supposedly the ultimate rig out there right now. But the price is also steep.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
DougS90
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Plate Carriers

Post by DougS90 »

Ranger JohnDowland, how heavy of a setup are you looking at? There's plenty of lightweight carriers just now hitting the market, I know Blue Force Gear (love their MOLLE belt) has a lightweight PC, and Crye debuted their Jumpable Plate Carrier at SHOT show. I don't have experience with either, but if you're looking at lighter weight options, those two might be worth a look.

For what its worth, I've heard nothing but good things about Mayflower and LBTC from the training class junkies. I don't think any of them are .mil users, so they aren't likely really abusing their gear though.
11X Option 40 Shipdate 20120206

Return to “Personal Gear”