Favorite Desert/Hot Dry Weather Boot?

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Favorite Desert/Hot Dry Weather Boot?

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

What's everyone's favorite desert boot? I'm looking for something that is rugged, stable, highly breathable and will keep the dogs cool and dry. I've worn the jungle-style deserts, but am looking for something a bit more stable, with a better sole, maybe some climate-control lining, etc.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
42L5V
Ranger

Re: Favorite Desert/Hot Dry Weather Boot?

Post by 42L5V »

I wear Oakley's with a 6 inch cuff (the military style is 8 inches). Some people have durability problems, but I have two pair that I alternate for the past 18 months, with no problems. Wear them almost every day at work. Very comfortable, easy break in, good tread. I also use asorbothane inserts.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

The Merrel Moab Ventilators , Mid height. I suggest replacing the insoles with Superfeet. The only issue that I have had is that the soles are a little slick on wet rocks.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

. is the SME on this. He did a ton of walking in the Stan but Conus you can beat this boot.

You got to buy 80" laces. The originals don't work for shit, too short
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Rangers, thanks for the replies. I pm'd Ranger ., and am waiting to see what he has to say. I think I like the T8's, though.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
red2alpha
Embryo

Post by red2alpha »

I used the Corcoran 9" fleshout leather and cordura non-insulated desert boots for most of my tour in Iraq. They had comfy souls for standing around in the hot sun, waiting for EOD to arrive. Last year, CONUS, I purchased the BlackHawk Warrior Wear (oh, please... who comes up with these fag names for Blackhawk products?) Desert Ops boots. They are light and comfortable, like the Oakley boots.
GRUNT - "Term of affection used to denote that filthy, sweaty, dirt-encrusted, footsore, camouflage-painted, tired, sleepy beautiful little son of a bitch who has kept the wolf away from the door for over two hundred years." -H.G. Duncan

SGT Arnold Duplantier II KIA 22 June 2005
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Go with an Asolo boot. You can't beat the durability, comfort and stability it offers you.

Return to “Personal Gear”