What would be your favorite knife to own?

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Re: What would be your favorite knife to own?

Post by C-MAC »

Got a Gerber Guardian as a Christmas gift. Overall - not impressed. Out of the box sharpness was lousy. Good thing I have a sharpener.

I will let you know how it eventually turns out. I have not had an opportunity to stab anything yet (I know what you are thinking - I meant like a steak)
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
super90
Egg

Post by super90 »

Mitchells first knife of 1995. i bought this off him in january '95. its not very well balanced, but its an awesome knife and the only cool thing i have left of my 5 1/2 years in the army, except the memories. would love to see some other knives from him on here. i searched but couldn't find anything.

also have my gerber mk II that was my airborne school graduation present from a good buddy.

(pic deleted by Admin I see you unit but have not seen your introduction - will delete this post shortly - if no intro given)
A Co. 1/75 94-96
A Co. & B Co. 1/504 PIR 96-98
MDW 98-00
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Meyerco 18x. Had a buddy square me away in AFG with one. I want 10 more so I don't have try and find more.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rangertough wrote:Meyerco 18x. Had a buddy square me away in AFG with one. I want 10 more so I don't have try and find more.

Tough
Blade HQ online has at least 5 diff styles of the Myerco 18X in stock. From 189.00-215.00 including shipping. Not sure if you ever bought from them but they have the best prices I've found yet, and customer service is top notch so far from my experience.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

cams wrote:
rangertough wrote:Meyerco 18x. Had a buddy square me away in AFG with one. I want 10 more so I don't have try and find more.

Tough
Blade HQ online has at least 5 diff styles of the Myerco 18X in stock. From 189.00-215.00 including shipping. Not sure if you ever bought from them but they have the best prices I've found yet, and customer service is top notch so far from my experience.
Thanks brother!
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Kershaw with assisted opening is always in my weak side back pocket, and a bench made folder in the weak side cargo pocket.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

I realize this is an old thead, but as my wife says, when it comes to talking about or buying knives I can't pass it up. I've had a leatherman of one kind or another since 1985 and they've always done me good. Right now I carry a leatherman wingman. It is set up as a clip knife but I carry it in a sheaf. It also has a one hand opening blade, so if you need it quick, you have it. I'm also a huge fan of the Airforce Survival Knife and the KBar. You can't go wrong with either one in a field situation. I've got all kinds of knives and spent all kinds of money and I always end up going back to one of these two.
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

A butter knife.

Damn that bitch over there is smokin' hot!
<----------
Oh, she's gone now.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein

Return to “Personal Gear”