Wish List?

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Natalie
Embryo

Wish List?

Post by Natalie »

Hey guys...clueless girl here! I'm putting together packages to send to troops. I'm hearing some sources suggesting we shouldn't be doing that because they're 'overloaded', and many more sources saying please send support, etc! What do you know about that? Everyone in my office is getting in on it, and I have loads of stuff. Hehe..either way, SOMEONE is getting some STUFF and support by god!! I can't stand the thought that there's one single soldier overseas or otherwise with nothing coming from home... Anyway, my real question to you guys is what would you want (aside from girls :P )? I bet you'll have ideas I haven't thought of. Thanks so much :)
Last edited by Natalie on April 9th, 2003, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Copenhagen snuff, hard candy like jollyranchers, gum(no Bubblegum), Smokes, magazines(playboy), etc etc.
Natalie
Embryo

Post by Natalie »

Thanks :) I wasn't sure about the cigs, etc, because this is all going through a church, but they ARE sending them! Now if you know someone personally over there who wants a lil girly mag or two I'd be happy to send one on myself :wink: I'm pretty sure the Bible thumpers around here would draw the line at that :roll:
Natalie
Embryo

Post by Natalie »

See post #1 :) I met someone a couple months ago who got out of the Rangers last month. Thinking of him or someone like him over there with nothing coming from home...don't like it. And talking to him made me realize how I just took for granted..well..everything! I thought I should get off my butt and say thanks.
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Thought of a few more things: sunflower seeds, baby wipes the bigger the better!!!! used for hygiene, tell your church to limit the amt of bibles and biblical literature so as not to offend the muslims, (it is thier country), beef jerky, disposable cameras might be nice for memories and hooah pics, protein or energy bars, powdered gatorade although the troops might get those from supply. Basiccally all the good stuff is removed by the REMFS and those on the line get the worst things. If you have the ability ship directly to the front to take the REMFS out of the picture.
I recieved care packages in DS and Just cause they do make a difference and are greatly appreciated.
The Tool, RLTW!!!
Natalie
Embryo

Post by Natalie »

What's REMFS?

It ain't 'my' church that's for sure! lol Not a church girl. hehe Just jumped on this bandwagon because it's important to me :D Yeah, they are sending little bibles, but apparently that's 'okay' because they aren't using them to try to convert. Or something... either way, for the reason you mentioned, I haven't put that on my list that's going around the building.

Seriously, if any of you would like to add someone to the list of people getting packages (we're addressing them to probably a fairly small number of people to begin with and including cards to pass out to others that they can send back with a request and more addresses!) let me know. I know that's a bit iffy, so I can give you the church info or work out some 'safe' way to do it :) If the person you know is already getting things, we can still send something for him to give to someone else! The more the merrier.

Thanks for helping. Thanks for letting me know it's worth something :D
Natalie
Embryo

Post by Natalie »

HA! Rumcake! Hadn't thought of that, that's for sure. I'll be looking for that this weekend! I'll rip the label off and write something gross on it :twisted:

REMF.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

I was thinking of creating a policy that if chicks want to post on the site, they should have to post a photo of themselves first. What say you about that?
DO NOT PM ME
Natalie
Embryo

Post by Natalie »

Ah hell...I knew that was comin! You first :P :wink:
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Maybe you didn't know - I'm not a chick!
DO NOT PM ME
Georgia
Egg

Photo Requirements

Post by Georgia »

Any specific requirements or will this due?

Or maybe something like this?

Better yet... if it is chicks that you want...

Does that work for you?
Don't go away mad... just go away.
Natalie
Embryo

nah

Post by Natalie »

I know you aren't a chick; just wanted YOU to post a friggin' picture!! lol

Very well....let's see if I can figure out ...

Return to “Personal Gear”