US Army Vet (Airborne)

LOL!!

Post by SkyShark »

LOL!!!!
It's all good.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

If the Chinese Communists ever parachuted into America I think we would run out of ammo before we shot all 2 Billion of their men. What do you guys think?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Well, IF one nation were to have command of every single airplane on the planet Earth, and One Million trained paratroopers at the ready, trained, equipped, armed, etc..., there still would not be enough capability to transport those paratroopers to the same drop zone, or a coordinated set of drop zones to invade our nation.

And, even if there were, I hope it would not take too long to dispatch them, considering the well armed state of our nation. The problem would be in getting enough people with the balls to oppose them, as there would be so many loading up their SUVs and going North, instead of protecting the homeland.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Spartan, nice post time 606, my old helmet # in jump school. Amazing ain't it? Good response Spartan. I hope more people respond.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Chinese

Post by SkyShark »

Don't you think that if the Chinese did infact attempt to invade the U.S. wouldn't the U.s know about before they even came close to our waters AND if we did know then the Invasion wouldn't even make. The countries are too far apart and we have too many airbases inbetwee us and them that could intercept them. If it went that far then it would only be minutes away from becoming Nuclear. Don't you think? Maybe I am wrong. It has been known to happen.
It's all good.
Ando

Post by Ando »

Picking up on the Geneva Convention conflab goin around, i thought id bring up this little tidbit of information. Under the Geneva Convention, the use of incendiary devices such as Napalm and White Phosphorous against enemy personnel is banned. It's seen as "overkill", which confuses me, because i thought we were SUPPOSED to kill people in combat, not hug them and give them a reach-around. So the British Government withdrew all WP grenades (we've never used Napalm) and made them into "Red" phosphorous grenades. The smoke still looks white to me, maybe a little pink, but it says Red on the can...heh. Anyway, it's new designation is "Smoke, HE, Incendiary, Red Phosphorous" and it's prescribed use is "To obscure and blind enemy thermal imaging equipment". Just to emphasise the point that this is NOT (Sarcasm, moi?) an anti-personnel weapon, they've added an HE capability as well as a couple of thousand tiny little pieces of razor wire. And in training your told to stealthily approach an enemy AFV and throw a couple in the back door...
Ando

Post by Ando »

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, by the way, just thought it got across my views on the now defunct Geneva Convention. Look at Iraq. My buddy Stu (who i was in training with in 21) is out there at the moment, and when he came back home the last time we sat in a bar and he told me three things...

1. Your an asshole for leaving 21 to get an education and join the Marines. My new buddy is an asshole who can't shoot a barn door at ten paces, and he stinks. Military hygiene is not a phrase in his vocabulary. Also, he can't hump a bergen more than ten miles without whinging like a prick.

2. Ragheads are assholes. Period. As soon as they heard the Marine Commandos were hitting them, they all ditched their uniforms and dressed up as, well, ragheads. Now we cant tell the difference between Armed Raghead Assholes and civilian Raghead Assholes.

3. Im stuck in Iraq with the Marines. Assholes. And you want to be one.

Ignoring the anti-Marine rhetoric, he informed me that if the Iraqis don't fight by the rules, why should we. Back in the "Good old days", do you think Ivan Russkie would have taken a second to think before blowing GI Joe and Mne Bloggs out of the sky?
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Here is the answere to your question.

Geneva Convention
Section 1, Article 42.

1. No person parachuting from an aircraft shall be made an object of attack during descent.

2. Upon reaching the ground in territory controlled by an adverse party, a person who has parachuted from an aircraft in distress shall be given an opportunity to surrender before being made an object of attack. Unless that it is apparent that he is engaging in a hostile act.

3. Airborne troops are not protected by this article.

So yes, you can shoot at paratroopers during their descent.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Sorry I didn't realize this thread was so old. :roll:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."