Combat jumps since 9/11

Entering the area of operations: Static Line and HALO Airborne Operations
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Spitfire- You are AFU on your facts. Post some credible links where you are referencing this info.
rbarger
Ranger

Post by rbarger »

Shitfire:
You don't know what the hell your talking about so shut your cakehole.
B. Co. 3/75 88-92
RIP Det. 75th Regt. 92-93
C. Co. 3/75 93-95
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Hey there shitfire...that sure is a nice avatar ya got there. Lemme guess- it's not you...
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Combat Jumps since 9/11

Post by The Holmchicken »

Cco 3/75 conducted a night combat parachute assualt on to OBJ Rhino (site of the future Camp Rhino) in late October, 2002. They were on the ground for about one hour, engaged exactly ONE enemy combatant with direct fire on the OBJ. They also engaged one vehicle that was driving towards the airfield (Rhino is an airfield). When I say engaged, I mean that about 100 Rangers engaged each target. So yes, they overwhelmed the enemy. The reason there was practically no resistance was that Spectre had worked the airfield over for about an hour before the assault. This combat jump also resulted in the first Ranger combat deaths of the war when two Rangers were killed when the MH-60 they were on crashed after exfiling the OBJ. I can't remeber the exact date, but I know it was in October because I was in SFAS at the time and the cadre told us about it. I'm pretty sure OBJ Rhino was Khandahar Airfield.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Combat Jumps after 9/11

Post by The Holmchicken »

The only other combat jumps in Afghanistan that I know of is USAF CCT/PJ (STS). Two PJ's did a HALO jump to help out a critically injured Australian SASR trooper who needed to be stabilized before he could be moved to a lower altitude before any rotary wing acft could evacuate him.
Also, there are rumors that CAG did a couple of HALO jumps in Afghanistan. As for the 173rd, yes, they jumped into a combat zone (more than I've done). However, members of the 3rd SFG were on the DZ, with welcome signs and beer. Plus, even the female PAC clerks jumped in. I have all of this on very solid, reliable sources.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Spitfire the 101st doesn't jump bro, they lost their wings just before vietnam.
Boattail173
Ranger

Post by Boattail173 »

Morgan please dont correct people and then fuck it up yourself. The 101st went from Airborne to Air Assault on 4 October 1974.

RLTW
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Boattail173 wrote:Morgan please dont correct people and then fuck it up yourself. The 101st went from Airborne to Air Assault on 4 October 1974.

RLTW

1967 was the last time the 101st 'Airborne' preformed an airborne jump. It was out of the new C-141 Starlifter (at the time.) Just before Operation Eagle Thrust in December.
Sniper

Post by Sniper »

Morgan wrote:Spitfire the 101st doesn't jump bro, they lost their wings just before vietnam.
Ok now I am about to sound the FUCK OFF....

Boattaill gave you the correct month and year that 101st Airborne status was re designated to Air Assault. Which was basically at the END of the vietnam war.

You just contradicted yourself by posting they last jumped in 67 which I believe if I am not a idiot was DURING the Vietnam war so how the fuck are you going to come here spot correct someone when you just disproved your spot correct on Spitfire.

SO sit the FUCK DOWN and comeback when you have pulled you head out of your fourth point of contact .
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Roger that but November/December of 67 was the month(s) the 101st deployed to Vietnam (Operation Eagle Thrust.) The war may have been under way already but it hadn’t started for the Division (which is why I said before the war.) Not proving anyone wrong, sure the 101st became Airmobile on that August fourth day in ’74 but their last jump as an airborne division was in ’67 almost seven years before.
Boattail173
Ranger

Post by Boattail173 »

What are you talking about...that was not the last airborne excersise the 101st had...you had better go back and read your 101st history again buddy. On 24 January 1973, elements of the 3rd Brigade participated in the largest airborne operation held by the 101st since their return from Vietnam. That was there last airborne excersise. That aside, my point was you correcting people and then posting wrong information (see your above posts)

RLTW
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Ha ha, someone should write Richard Burns (author of Pathfinder.) He still thinks he made the last jump.
Boattail173
Ranger

Post by Boattail173 »

Knowing you from your previous post, you probably mis-queted the book

RLTW
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

"Some of us were lucky enough to participate in a farewell jump...
...Actually it was the last patachute jump the 101st would preform as an Airborne Division."

Richard R. Burns. Pathfinder. 2002. Page 28. Paragraph 4.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

there have been 5 combat jumps since 9/11
1 on Rhino in afghanistan(3rd), 2 other in afganistan, and 2 in iraq(3rd)

whats up 3rd bat.... ha ha bitches

Return to “Airborne Operations”