Is their a new "DOOR" procedure?

Entering the area of operations: Static Line and HALO Airborne Operations
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Is their a new "DOOR" procedure?

Post by rgrpuck »

snakecharmer wrote:Rangers, I just finished watching a video of a combat jump over Fryar Jump Zone, Ft. Benning, Ga and what clearly is a C-130 Herc. My question is this.....................Do the "DOOR" jumpers no longer actually "STAND IN THE DOOR?" From this video on the Ft. Benning websight, it's obvious that the JM has the first jumper standing back from the door, and then simply running out of the damn thing? Is this a new technique?

I wouldnt call it new ....... More like 1992 new.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

snakecharmer wrote:Rangers, I just finished watching a video of a combat jump over Fryar Jump Zone, Ft. Benning, Ga and what clearly is a C-130 Herc. My question is this.....................Do the "DOOR" jumpers no longer actually "STAND IN THE DOOR?" From this video on the Ft. Benning websight, it's obvious that the JM has the first jumper standing back from the door, and then simply running out of the damn thing? Is this a new technique?
We invaded Fryar DZ? (Combat Jump)
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

rgrpuck wrote:

I wouldnt call it new ....... More like 1992 new.
It's just a matter of perspective. It's new to me. I remember on my first jump standing in the door of a 119 for three passes over the DZ waiting for the winds to die down. Yeah, the Black Hats were getting even with me.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Airborne Operations”