HALO?

Entering the area of operations: Static Line and HALO Airborne Operations
rbarrows
Embryo

HALO?

Post by rbarrows »

Last edited by rbarrows on March 2nd, 2004, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

You say you were looking for hours for HALO. Where, out your window? You mean you didn't check out this topic you are in? I see several topics in Airborne relating to HALO. Get your head out of your ass. Gimme a break. :evil:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rbarrows
Embryo

Post by rbarrows »

Ranger Steadfast, it is true that there are threads in this topic and elsewhere on this site relating to HALO, yet none of these topics address my questions. Cleary, my questions are unreasonble and i will retract them immediatly. I am sorry for any inconvience.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Actually the two topics on the bottom of this column and the response by Ranger EP would answer your question. Both Ranger EP, Spartan and other talk on this. Check with Weidert or Eggzman and they will help you out. You are not alone. I am not a moderator, there is no need for you to remove your post. Someone else may come along and answer you. We all look at things differently. That is what makes the world go around. Lighten up.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I really love to play HALO on my x-box. :roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Wow - zapped your own question just cause you took a heat round? Steadfast, stop it, you're scaring the kids. :lol:

Hey, try and thicken your skin a bit rbarrows. The Rangers who are on this board who have completed HALO school here have not even read your question yet.
rbarrows
Embryo

Post by rbarrows »

Ranger Steadfast, you are 100% correct the answer to my question was in fact on this board.

Ranger Earth Pig wrote:
No. That is an advanced school which may be offered to you after you earn your tab. Other schools to be offered: Scuba, SERE, Pathfinder, etc.
Thats my answer thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Ranger Spartan, my original question was , what do you need to do to attend HALO school?
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

a current HALO/SCUBA physical would be a good place to start
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Desert Sloth wrote:
rbarrows wrote:Ranger Spartan, my original question was , what do you need to attend HALO school?
Preferably a parachute......or at least a big 30 gallon trash bag, Hefty Type, one each.
You forgot the plane. :wink:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
rbarrows
Embryo

Post by rbarrows »

thanks for the help Ranger Desert Sloth and Ranger Luna, ill add that stuff to my list. I think im good to go now, I got my Hefty trash bags and a plane, wish me luck. :lol:
SpoogeOperator

regarding HALO/HAHO shcool

Post by SpoogeOperator »

The reason that all the ur getting is bull shit rhetoric about ur questions regarding HALOor HAHO school, is because it seems everyone in here like to be a smart ass, and has no couth about generally answering questions regarding Ranger training. And, they havent attended HALO or HAHO school, so they dont have and answer for u.

First not every Ranger get's the opportunity to attend HALO school. Lets face it , within the SOCOM infrastructure the Ranger's are most CONVENTIONAL of all the spec-ops arsenal. With that in mind, the expense and time of sending all Ranger's to HALO school simply doesnt make good use of their time. However, if u want to attend HALO, then be part of a Combat Search and Rescue, LRRP, etc. Simply keep on the TOPS ass that u want to expand ur skill set and then keep applying. Since I have attended HALO, and advanced freefall school, pls dont hesitate to send me a reply with any questions.

[/b]
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Before trying to post authoritative posts on this website, you need to post an introduction with your credentials in the appropriate area at the top of the forum.
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: regarding HALO/HAHO shcool

Post by BadMuther »

specoperator wrote:The reason that all the ur getting is bull shit rhetoric about ur questions regarding HALOor HAHO school, is because it seems everyone in here like to be a smart ass, and has no couth about generally answering questions regarding Ranger training. And, they havent attended HALO or HAHO school, so they dont have and answer for u.

First not every Ranger get's the opportunity to attend HALO school. Lets face it , within the SOCOM infrastructure the Ranger's are most CONVENTIONAL of all the spec-ops arsenal. With that in mind, the expense and time of sending all Ranger's to HALO school simply doesnt make good use of their time. However, if u want to attend HALO, then be part of a Combat Search and Rescue, LRRP, etc. Simply keep on the TOPS ass that u want to expand ur skill set and then keep applying. Since I have attended HALO, and advanced freefall school, pls dont hesitate to send me a reply with any questions.

[/b]
Spunkbucket,

Is there a point to you coming here and bashing Rangers???? With your knowitall attitude? Lots of posers on the net.....I'm on ALL the military sites, where the good ones VERIFY people like you......funny thing is, I haven't seen you post anywhere before....

So....do us a favor and do an intro with some creds....

oh, and BTW, I was in a "LRS" unit......LRRP units haven't been around for decades there, mister current affairs.....
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Well I did go to HALO, and you don’t go without a physical, and usually a tab. A HALO specific job is nice to but they send guys for extra training also. My buddy was in a LRS unit in Germany for 2 and a half years and no one there was HALO qualified, even though the whole time he was there the brass kept saying they would rotate teams through.

Also whom the fuck but a leg calls a 1st SGT a top?
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “Airborne Operations”