Poge/REMF intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

poge
Embryo

Poge/REMF intro

Post by poge »

Started in a LRSD as a rigger.
Completed BCT and airborne, made the decision I didn't want to jump anymore (POGE) but completed rigger school.

Got back to the unit told my section sergeant, he told me to trust my equipment. I found a way out, I took an AGR (active guard/reserve) job in a mechanized engineer unit as a sapper team leader, then to Bn S1 as the section leader (CPL), then back to a line unit as the commander's driver and 1SGs clerk.

A personnel unit in my state was mobilized to deploy for OIF 2, and 3 soldiers that I lead at Bn S1 were transferred to that unit. I volunteered for the deployment because I wanted to make sure they came back ok. We're sitting in fucking Kuwait and the rest of the battalion just deployed to go north.

First mistake (and the one weighing heaviest) is not ever jumping again and not staying with the LRSD. This has been a decision that has haunted me since the day I made it. No excuse.

Second mistake (but I don't regret being there for my soldiers), was volunteering to deploy with another unit, especially personnel.

So I sit in Kuwiat as a REMF, with 15 days left to redeployment. I've found my nuts again, they've finally dropped, and I've set some serious goals for myself. My first step is to overcome this damn running profile the Army gave me when I deployed. Then its on to bigger and better things.
ARNG
19JUL99 - Present
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Welcome.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Poge/REMF intro

Post by Silverback »

poge wrote:Started in a LRSD as a rigger.
Welcome...COMPLETE BULLSHIT there is no such thing as a LRSD Rigger!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome. I look forward to hearing the specifics.

What LRSD unit specifically, what years (when to when)?
Completed BCT and airborne, made the decision I didn't want to jump anymore (POGE) but completed rigger school.

Got back to the unit told my section sergeant, he told me to trust my equipment. I found a way out, I took an AGR (active guard/reserve) job in a mechanized engineer unit as a sapper team leader, then to Bn S1 as the section leader (CPL), then back to a line unit as the commander's driver and 1SGs clerk.

A personnel unit in my state was mobilized to deploy for OIF 2, and 3 soldiers that I lead at Bn S1 were transferred to that unit. I volunteered for the deployment because I wanted to make sure they came back ok. We're sitting in fucking Kuwait and the rest of the battalion just deployed to go north.

First mistake (and the one weighing heaviest) is not ever jumping again and not staying with the LRSD. This has been a decision that has haunted me since the day I made it. No excuse.

Second mistake (but I don't regret being there for my soldiers), was volunteering to deploy with another unit, especially personnel.

So I sit in Kuwiat as a REMF, with 15 days left to redeployment. I've found my nuts again, they've finally dropped, and I've set some serious goals for myself. My first step is to overcome this damn running profile the Army gave me when I deployed. Then its on to bigger and better things.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome and thanks for serving.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

DOAH :shock:

:lol:
RSD 96-99
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Damn I was in a LRSC for 3 years....I dont seem to remember a rigger on the MTOE :? It could be me ....... :? Nope it is you. I think you are full of shit. NO I am sure you are full of shit.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
poge
Embryo

Post by poge »

To Rangers Silverback and Puck, the rigger section was an augmentation to the actual LRSD. The LRS and commo teams fell under one UIC with an MTOE and the riggers fell under another UIC as a TDA. As a LRSD in the National Guard, the rigger section was augmented because the unit wouldn't have any other rigging support. The section consisted of a SFC, SSG, SGT, SPC, and PFC, one each.

It was the 194th Infantry Detachment (LRS)(ABN), from July 99 to May 01.

Anymore questions of my integrity?
ARNG
19JUL99 - Present
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Man people are pushin their limits around here today.

Did someone announce that all Rangers just became pussies today? And everyone can just go in there houses and shit on the fucking carpet or what?
RSD 96-99
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

poge wrote:Anymore questions of my integrity?
Nope the fact that you are on a running profile and you terminated jump status was plenty for me.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

rgrpuck wrote:
Nope the fact that you are on a running profile and you terminated jump status was plenty for me.

The smoke has cleared! :shock:

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
poge
Embryo

Post by poge »

rgrpuck wrote:
We all make mistakes, what's important is that we learn from them and drive on.
ARNG
19JUL99 - Present

Return to “Introduction Archive”